Film End of Acros

jssaraiva

Top Veteran
Name
José
This was in the works, after sheet film has been discontinued, now “Fugidigital” also announced the end of Acros in 120 and 135.

I do prefer the Fomapan 100, but have just bought 5 boxes to use it over time. This is quite a unique film, so I’ll miss it and even if I prefer the alternatives, it is always good for the end user to have competition in the market.

My local film seller has some stock, might get a few rolls. There are a few alternatives though and I would rather support them than Fuji who clearly has decided on a no film future.

Instead of cutting back bit by bit like this it would be better if they just came straight out and told us that they are getting out of film.

Rollei RPX 100 and TMax 100.

I would also like to try the Svema BW film from FPP, but shipping makes the cost a bit prohibitive (twice the price). Adox has a few offerings and I believe they are opening a new factory soon, so they are clearly committed to making film. So many other choices are slowly but surely coming up; Kosmo, Ferrania etc.

While I'm not actually a total fan of Acros 100, it'll not be trivial to replace because it combines medium high contrast with great grading capabilities - usually, it's more or less either one or the other; however, I know I can get what I like best from Ilford's films - I usually use Delta 100 if I want to get close to what Acros does, but it's a bit less smooth; if smooth transitions are most important, FP4+ works well for me. So, I'm mostly a traditionalist as far as film stock is concerned - this may change once I do my own developing.

M.

Back