Enjoying photography again - thanks to compacts

Gabeb1946

For my serious stuff (always trying to be published) I still lug some pretty huge cameras around - hard to compete with Nikon full frame and Nikon glass.
Having said that I've always enjoyed the less is more philosophy - to see the incredible quality from even inexpensive, tiny, cameras. I'm occasionally on radio here in L.A. usually blabbering about photography, and the last time I said something like "you're holding millions of dollars of technology in that $100 digital camera". I thought about it and realized that if I was suddenly thrown back to my teen years in the sixties, I'd be arrested and dissected as an alien if I had my phone, camera or watch with me. Great joy in adapting all sorts of lenses and gadgets to micro 4:3 cams - the original film Pen and Rollei 35 were my daily companions in my N.Y. street shooting years.

I also carry heavy Nikon equipment around, and yes publication and my Stock House are often in mind; but like you the small cameras have gotten my attention and are renewing the joy of photography for me as well. Welcome to the site.

G'day GB from Down Under. (y)

Look forward to seeing the eye you apply to the big clunker's VF to the screen (or smaller EVF) of your serious compact. I hope it doesn't sound like more work, but once you've gathered your breathe, then you should consider joining in our Weekly Challenges. They're fun and a great way to witness other's interpretation of the world....I say that with fear of the fresh and more experienced competition of course :blush:

Just kidding this site is more about sharing and nothing about competing.....

Back