Micro 4/3 Epic skies

Jock Elliott

Hall of Famer
FZ200 Oakwood epic skies 019-001 copy.jpg

FZ200 Oakwood epic skies 018-001 copy.jpg

FZ200 Oakwood epic skies 016-001 copy.jpg

FZ200, contrast punched up with Perfect Effects.

Cheers, Jock

I just wasted 5 minutes looking for the big sunset thread and couldn't find it. Here's one if you're into that kind of thing....

19448467364_c1855fe42b_b.jpg
sunset over the trees
by Luke, on Flickr

Luke,

It's hard to imagine who would not be into "that sort of thing" . . . it's a bit like saying "well, if you like beauty" . . . that shot is just gorgeous and it looks to me like it could be a painting.

As you know, Luke, I am a bona fide, unrepentant, not-in-the-12-step-program sky freak, and I would be proud to have taken that shot.

On a related note, i am amazed at the number of times I have seen skies that look, frankly, unreal. My wife and I visited a model railroading club a few years ago, and one of the members had airbrushed a sky on the wall behind the layout. I thought at the time, "skies don't look like that." Well, a couple of nights ago, I saw a sky that looked just that way. We lived in Plainfield, NH, some decades ago. That's where the painter Maxfield Parrish had his studio. the skies in his paintings have a unique look to them that I never thought was real until I lived in Plainfield and saw the sunsets there.

Anyhow, ya done good, and Richard is right; it's time to roll the trucks.

Cheers, Jock

I love skies! The variations in colors and patterns are endless!
Too bad I don't have a Panasonic. ;-)

Back