Erasmus Bridge, Rotterdam

ianmarsh

Rookie
I spent a few days in Rotterdam and took a few shots of the famous Erasmus Bridge ("The Swan"). I'd wanted to do so since I first saw the work of Joel Tjintjelaar (BWvision.com)

All of these with a Sigma DP1M:

15273438796_327560dc83_b.jpg

15109917917_6d668c55d8_b.jpg

15109766370_22c90fd397_b.jpg

I am reworking the last one to boost the contrast and balance it better in the frame, but any advice appreciated as this is not my normal kind of work.

Thanks guys.

I would have expected lots of shots of Rotterdam - some very striking architecture around. Cube houses, The Rotterdam Building, Euromast plus the Erasmus bridge.

A version of shot three is now up on my wall at home.

I saw that thread when checking if my type of shots of the bridge had been done to death here. I particularly like the fourth shot, very nice colour to it.

I didn't like the Rotterdam Building either, but it might look better once it fills up. It seemed pretty empty judging by the lack of lights there at night.

Yes, commercially it's been a bit of a flop. The municipality now plans to use a good bit of the building as office space for its civil servants just to make it less awkward:dash2:... maybe once the economy starts humming again it'll fill up.

Back