Essential programs for your PC - My take

Thank you for posting. Joplin is the perfect solution for something I’ve been wrestling with for a while.
LOL. Setting up a Joplin server on my Synology NAS is one of those "round tuit" things that hang over my head at present.

I have a love-hate relationship with OneNote. The premise for what it does is awesome. It's just let down my the myriad of things that MS decided not to include. Like sorting.......

And don't get me started on the Android version of OneNote. It's basically just a viewer. I've had the need to add some stuff to a notebook lately on my phone, and to be kind I had even less hair when done than when I started.

Glad this was of help. I love this community. I come here every day and learn something while browsing through some of the most exquisite photos around.

cheers,

LOL. Setting up a Joplin server on my Synology NAS is one of those "round tuit" things that hang over my head at present.

I have a love-hate relationship with OneNote. The premise for what it does is awesome. It's just let down my the myriad of things that MS decided not to include. Like sorting.......

And don't get me started on the Android version of OneNote. It's basically just a viewer. I've had the need to add some stuff to a notebook lately on my phone, and to be kind I had even less hair when done than when I started.

Glad this was of help. I love this community. I come here every day and learn something while browsing through some of the most exquisite photos around.

cheers,
Pretty much spot on. I'm a long time OneNote user but MS seem to have orphaned it along with Publisher. I can't understand why as there's clearly a gap in the market for a cross platform note organiser. I tried EverNote for a couple of years until they lost the plot with feature changes, crazy pricing and poor support. Apple have Stickies, Notes and Freeform which don't talk to each other let alone Calendar and Reminders.

I've played with Joplin for a few hours and am impressed. I really can't be bothered to set up a server on my QNAP NAS so I'm taking the easy option and syncing via OneDrive. So far, so good.

Anyway, my main apps of choice:

On the WinTel Box
- 1Password
- XYPlorer = 'cos Windows Explorer sucks
- Chrome, Brave, Firefox (and Edge) each with it's own purpose
- MS Office, sorry MS 365 = for work stuff
- Bvkup 2 = backups
- Raindrop.io = cross platform bookmark manager
- SimpleMind Pro = cross platform mindmapping
- Get-iPlayer = BBC iPlayer PVR
- OcenAudio = simple sound editing
- PotPlayer = media player
- MP3Tag = MP3 metadata editor
- FileZilla = solid FTP client

On the Mac Mini
- 1Password
- QSpace Pro = 'cos Finder sucks
- Chrome, Brave, Firefox (and Edge) each with it's own purpose
- MS Office, sorry MS 365 = for work stuff
- Carbon Copy Cloner = backups
- Raindrop.io = cross platform bookmark manager
- SimpleMind Pro = cross platform mindmapping
- iPlayer Automator = BBC iPlayer PVR
- OcenAudio = simple sound editing
- Elmedia Player = media player
- MP3Tag = MP3 metadata editor
- FileZilla Pro = solid FTP client
- iNet = network scanner
- Adobe Bridge, LR & PS
and now, Joplin!

Thank you for posting. Joplin is the perfect solution for something I’ve been wrestling with for a while.
So,

You shamed me into action. I've installed Joplin on my laptop and have selected the OneDrive syncronization.

I'm running the OneNoteMdExporter on some 24 notebooks at present to import into Joplin.

If that all goes well, I'll install the Joplin Android apps on my phone/tablet.

Cheers!

So,

You shamed me into action. I've installed Joplin on my laptop and have selected the OneDrive syncronization.

I'm running the OneNoteMdExporter on some 24 notebooks at present to import into Joplin.

If that all goes well, I'll install the Joplin Android apps on my phone/tablet.

Cheers!
OneNoteMDExporter!

Just when I was pondering how best to transfer my OneNote files into Joplin.

Cheers to you too. :D

Back