Europa and the Bull

ReD

Hall of Famer
Europa

Back in my Amiga days I really enjoyed using D Paint & always intended to take it one stage further to develop it more artistically using Dpaint as a kick off point.

The Amiga is long since dead but I started experimenting today with some of the filters and tools in Photoshop & discovered the Liquefy distortion tool. After a couple of doodles I began to get more curious and developed this image (totally amateur of course but could form the basis for a painting)

Europa and the Bull

View attachment 69887

This is the original photo I used

View attachment 69888

I think it's very cool, love the title.

I had an Amiga A500, and later a CD32 w/expansion. My brother still has his A1200 w/expansion unit. We had DPaint, ImageFX, and he also had a DigiView.

Had a 500plus taken up to 2mg with GVP SCSi - used this to do my accounts & all my correspondence when I stated off in business on my own. I had no respect for Pc's at that time 1992.
I still have some software - is your brother interested?

Had a 500plus taken up to 2mg with GVP SCSi - used this to do my accounts & all my correspondence when I stated off in business on my own. I had no respect for Pc's at that time 1992.
I still have some software - is your brother interested?

He still has it, but never uses it.

It's funny you bring up the Amiga, though... when I see discussions about computers for using Photoshop, cataloging photos, etc. and all these high-end PC's are spec'd out, I think about how time-consuming graphics work was back then...

Back