Music Eurovision Song Contest

BillN

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill
I know that this is not broadcast in "The Colonies" - but you just don't know what you are missing

We are not allowed social chit - chat on here but I am old and you all forgive me.

Anyway I have only posted it so that you can critique the quality of the video - well that's my excuse

This is Austria's entry for this year, (they have always been a bit kinky - in my younger days I went to the odd nightclub in Vienna!) - the programme is on TV as I type

Conchita is some gal

nice song

idea for Luke - collect all the Euro contest records ever made? - maybe not as you will probably go bankrupt

Don't have a tv here, and I kinda doubt any Senegalese channel will air it in the first place, but i'm somewhat interested again now that Holland has started sending talented artists again (although i like last year's entry, Anouk, a lot better than this year's duo). But seeing some of the other countries and their mini freak shows is always fun, so long as it's only one day in the year! :tongue:
That austrian guy looks hot in his LBD... Unfortunately youtube isnt working for me right now so i have to make do with the preview pic for the time being

There is always the entry from Latvia
their "cake baking song"

wow - that's going to get lots of votes

makes me want to rush out and visit the country

posted for quality of video critique only

When I lived in Albania thy couldn't get enough of the ESC. We had ESC parties on the big night. For ex-Communist countries being part of the ESC was a confirmation that they were part of Europe, part of 'the West'. It was a very big deal and genuinely warmed this ESC cynic's heart. That said their entries were generally awful, almost as bad as the UK's.

Yes Australia has an entrant this year.

Jessica Mauboy? I think she's only performing, not actually competing. I like her work.

Jessica Mauboy has been chosen by SBS to perform at the invitation of the European Broadcast Union at Eurovision!

Jessica teamed up with Potbelleez hit maker Ilan Kidron to write a brand new song, that she will perform in a guest spot during the second semi-final.

from http://www.jessicamauboy.com.au/news/

Yes Australia has an entrant this year.

Australia in Europe - I know that modern geography is not great but it's not possible - although singing a "Fosters" special would be amusing and I wish you guys you would join us in "Europe"

As said above the entries are really awful and also as said the commentary is great - it is so "naff" and a great and amusing spectacle - the voting is better than the songs - long live the ESC

I still reckon "Conchita" has a good chance!!

UK entry - as they Oh, Oh, - O O ......... not good ........ I'm not Smitten

I'm genuinely a bit lost here. It sounds like most here are saying the performers are terrible. And yet, I'm also hearing that people really enjoy it.

change your date format and you'll understand it

one day all the Euro tracks way back will have a "cult" following as they are so terrible - buy them now as part of your pension plan

(I'll let you into a secret - Warren Buffet has a strange fetish of them)

I'm genuinely a bit lost here. It sounds like most here are saying the performers are terrible. And yet, I'm also hearing that people really enjoy it.

From what I gather (an correct me if I'm wrong) its mostly amateur or semi-prof acts? that were voted "the best" in their home country.
They are quite polished but they are trying to appeal to a broad audience which is tough as everyone is a critic.

I watch it for the entertainment factor and leave my brain at the door!

From what I gather (an correct me if I'm wrong) its mostly amateur or semi-prof acts? that were voted "the best" in their home country.
They are quite polished but they are trying to appeal to a broad audience which is tough as everyone is a critic.

I watch it for the entertainment factor and leave my brain at the door!

the ESC was the start of ABBA's career

Back