Music Eurovision Song Contest

I'm so jealous...but at least I have your YouTubes to watch, Bill.

Congratulations Conchita!!!!!!:yahoo:

This is serious "big screen" Telly - I'm cataloging them all for future viewing and to bury in a hole in the garden so that the aliens can experience our society when mankind has gone from this planet.

Well - THIS is an old thread !!

While we might not be in the EBU catchment area, my daughter and I started watching Eurovisions on YouTube from years ago during lockdown. For a giggle. Because we are serious music lovers.
Absolutely excellent entertainment. So much so, that we've now become staunch Eurovision fans (quite unironically - deeply following all the way through from before the semi-finals even).
So last night was the 2023 final, staged and co-hosted in Liverpool by the UK on behalf of last year's winners, Ukraine.
And quite a nail biting finish it was too. Even though we were rooting for Finland, Sweden won due to the landslide jury-vote, Loreen being only the second person ever to win it twice and the first woman to do so (she had previously won in 2012 with her song Eurphoria)
So : much emotion and Liverpool really pulled out all the stops and put on a marvelously polished show.

Did any of you watch?

Well - THIS is an old thread !!

While we might not be in the EBU catchment area, my daughter and I started watching Eurovisions on YouTube from years ago during lockdown. For a giggle. Because we are serious music lovers.
Absolutely excellent entertainment. So much so, that we've now become staunch Eurovision fans (quite unironically - deeply following all the way through from before the semi-finals even).
So last night was the 2023 final, staged and co-hosted in Liverpool by the UK on behalf of last year's winners, Ukraine.
And quite a nail biting finish it was too. Even though we were rooting for Finland, Sweden won due to the landslide jury-vote, Loreen being only the second person ever to win it twice and the first woman to do so (she had previously won in 2012 with her song Eurphoria)
So : much emotion and Liverpool really pulled out all the stops and put on a marvelously polished show.

Did any of you watch?
I dunno, I don't think it was better than previous years? I'm pleased you understood the voting, I've never been able to work that out 😅 . Liverpool is always like that btw.

I dunno, I don't think it was better than previous years? I'm pleased you understood the voting, I've never been able to work that out 😅 . Liverpool is always like that btw.
The musical quality was no better at all but the staging was slick and impressive and there were no glitches.. which is more than can be said for last year's bumbling in Italy where the main stage lights failed

ESC was a bitter chalk for us Finns this year. Käärijä should have won, but 50 years anniversary of ABBA was too much for the juries, and Sweden won. Not to forget that the winning song was plagiat of Ukrainian song 😫
And the humiliation being perfect we lost the game against Sweden next day on IIHF icehockey championships 😫😫

😉

Käärijä should have won
I 100% agree @Matero !!! and so did the public vote. Everybody chanting 'Cha Cha Cha' as the winner was announced!
May have been a hard pill to swallow for Loreen. We attempted to watch Käärijä's live-stream concert last night broaccast
by Yle Areena – Enemmän kuin ehdit katsoa ja kuunnella , but it was difficult - there were lots of patches when we lost connectivity.

However, after the concert had ended, my daughter alerted me to continue watching on the channel - there was a programme about
au-pairs in South Africa. We watched it for the familiar landmarks, but of course could not understand anything they were saying :)

I 100% agree @Matero !!! and so did the public vote. Everybody chanting 'Cha Cha Cha' as the winner was announced!
May have been a hard pill to swallow for Loreen. We attempted to watch Käärijä's live-stream concert last night broaccast
by Yle Areena – Enemmän kuin ehdit katsoa ja kuunnella , but it was difficult - there were lots of patches when we lost connectivity.

However, after the concert had ended, my daughter alerted me to continue watching on the channel - there was a programme about
au-pairs in South Africa. We watched it for the familiar landmarks, but of course could not understand anything they were saying :)

Best of Käärijä is that he's genuinely nice person. His gig sales guy is playing ice hockey with me. As we Finns know, Finland as a country isn't a small village, but a country club. Everyone knows everybody, quod erat demonstrandum

😂

Back