Evening walk in East-Iceland

cwolffensperger

Regular
Name
Chris Wolffensperger
Some images from todays walk after work in Neskaupstaður, eastern Iceland. All images with the X-Pro2 and XF14/2.8 and 18-55.

DSCF6724.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
DSCF6759.jpg
DSCF6762.jpg
DSCF6767.jpg
DSCF6787.jpg

Everyone I meet who has been to Iceland raves, and your pictures speak even more loudly! Nice shots!
I just read that it is becoming both more popular and more expensive a destination, possibly soon to become more expensive with new "tourism taxes" in order to somewhat reduce the number of tourists and protect the ecology.

Everyone I meet who has been to Iceland raves, and your pictures speak even more loudly! Nice shots!
I just read that it is becoming both more popular and more expensive a destination, possibly soon to become more expensive with new "tourism taxes" in order to somewhat reduce the number of tourists and protect the ecology.
Tank you for your kind comment! And yes indeed, the tourism is booming here. This year it's expected to have approximately 6 times more tourists than inhabitant, and the country is not yet prepared for such a massive influx of people. Hope everything goed well!

I know that when I lived in boston (recently), there were airfare deals on flights that made it so cheap you almost HAD to go there. And we almost did, like 3 times, but never managed to.

Back