Ever see an article or thread on Serious Compacts that you would like to print?

BBW

Legend
Name
BB
Sometimes even the most computer/iPad/Internet savvy of us really want to have a "hard copy" of what we've been reading... Maybe I can say this because I'm still a book reader of the paper kind.;)

In looking around the site's different tools, etc., this morning I discovered an option that I hadn't noticed before and perhaps you all have not either. It's the Thread Tools drop down menu at the top of toolbar of the thread...and choose Show Printable Version.

From what I can see this works quite well, but I don't believe the photographs will show up in the print version. Have any of you tried this?

Printable Version.jpg

BB that is cool ... cooler still in that I have never noticed the "thread toolbar" before. Oh silly me. This is all because I have a set of tool that will allow me to capture just about anything that appears on my screen and when you have all this guru shyt you tend to overlook the obvious. Kind of like taking simple images with complex cameras.

:D Well, thank you Grant!

My question for you oh Guru, is if someone would like to print a thread here and include the photographs what is the best/easiest way to do it? And will there be differences in how to based upon Mac as opposed to PC based computers?

Yes, it prints [best to change background to white via the AA symbol at upper left in Readability] but there will be a lot of pages per web page as far as i can see. Do you actually want to print paper copy or just save to read again?

[For saving to your computer I would use Evernote though again it will only do one page at a time. Usually you can 'select all' on a web page and clip it to Evernote and that will show up as a long web page in your Evernote notebook on your computer or on the web/both. I have not tried that with this site but will try now.][Update This does not work with a forum apparently!]

BB I have both Safari and Firefox and I can print directly from either by using the File menu pull down and in the case of Safari also the printer icon. I can also print directly to a pdf if I want to archive it. Am I missing something or is there something else you are after?

No, no... You're not missing anything. I know that someone was having problems printing from the site..so I decided to start this thread to see if I could be helpful.

I found that drop down menu and tried it, saved the file to my desktop and when I opened it the photos did not show...if there were links they showed up. I used this thread picture in my screen shot: https://www.photographerslounge.org/f41/sigma-dp2x-review-field-report-3618/

I'm just trying to figure out if someone (not I) wanted to print a thread/article if they could and still have the photographs show up. Does that make better sense?

P.S. I do see that using the File Menu drop down from Safari (since I am on that) looks as though the photos would show up very well. However this person didn't seem to be able to print this particular thread and seemed to find that the size was too wide... But when I do look at the PDF Preview on my MacBook Pro, I can see everything except the recent thread columns. So I'm not really sure what this person is having trouble with.:confused: Perhaps they will post or read this thread?:popcorm2:

Back