Fuji EVF patch on OVF on x100t

vinvin

Regular
Hi guys,

I'm having an issue with the superimposed EVF patch for manual focusing on the OVF. When the subject matter is bright, or when there is enough light hitting the subject of my photo the EVF patch is great. It's bright enough and I can manual focus without any issue. However when the subject is dark or there isn't really enough light hitting it then the evf patch is extremely hard to use.

I was wondering if there is a way where I can brighten the evf patch while using the ovf? I don't want to just go straight into the evf.

Thanks,

Kevin

I don't have a X100T. On the Olympus cameras there's an option to boost the brightness of the EVF or LCD.
But that's the thing, it's the evf overlay on the ovf so i don't even know if they put in that feature for it yet... sadly no amount of research has given me anything on this.

IME, the ERF patch always operates with auto brightness, matching the brightness of the OVF scene (or at least trying to).

IME, the ERF patch always operates with auto brightness, matching the brightness of the OVF scene (or at least trying to).

It would be great if they could make it so the user can adjust the brightness too. Mainly for people like me who wears glasses and has astigmatism.

I find that in daylight it's fine, it's primarily an issue that comes up during the night or when the subject matter is dark.

I think it's on purpose to display the patch just as dark as the OVF is showing the scene. If you want to see stuff when it is dark, the EVF will be the better choice. Its auto-brightness is quite good, but you can also manually adjust it.

I think it's on purpose to display the patch just as dark as the OVF is showing the scene. If you want to see stuff when it is dark, the EVF will be the better choice. Its auto-brightness is quite good, but you can also manually adjust it.
The problem is that the patch is actually darker by far compared to the ovf.

Back