Fuji Excited for the X-E2!

I'm very excited for the X-E2 which I will get tomorrow from B&H. Had to really hold back on the X-E1 kit with the $ 200 rebate as this was an excellent camera with the firmware upgrades at a great price. I'm a converted Sony NEX-7 user, and was very annoyed by their recent introductions which didn't really do anything for all the nice Zeiss and Sony glass that I had invested in which would have operated in crop mode. Sold all my equipment to invest in Fujifilm.

Really impressed by the quality of the Fuji lenses, but at about 25% less than Sony. I feel that Fuji has a much better line-up and accessories. Sony now seems to be disjointed with effectively three types of camera and lens formats (NEX, NEX FF and Alpha FF). My last pet peeve with Sony was the very complex interface and dial setup which took quite a bit of time to learn and customize. I really think that Fuji is much simpler, better and straightforward.

Can't wait to get started.

Don

I cannot take all these news of arrivals and be left behind :) I plan to call B&H and check on my order. Enjoy your X-E2's guys!

Fuji X100
Fuji X-E2 (on pre-order)
XF 14mm, XF 35mm

Just checked the status of my order with B&H. I missed the first shipment of X-E2, but I am very high up for the next shipment.

Does anyone know what timeframe to expect? How has it been in the best with other releases from Fuji?

Good question, I just moved here, have not found a good dealer yet. In Shanghai, they would ask really high prices for new arrivals, thought I might as well order from B&H.

On ebay a couple of HK dealers have the X-E2 with 18mm for 1200+. That's way under dealer cost here in the US. You're bound to dig something up soon in HK for cheaper than the B&H. HK is one of my favorite cities, have a great time while you're there!

Glad to see a few folks already getting their X-E2s and enjoying them :)

I ended up canceling my pre-order (thought better of the expenditure right now) and I'm going to stick with the X-E1 for a bit longer, but I am pretty sure an X-E2 will be in my future eventually. Some simple but key feature updates between models I am really looking forward to. (y)

On ebay a couple of HK dealers have the X-E2 with 18mm for 1200+. That's way under dealer cost here in the US. You're bound to dig something up soon in HK for cheaper than the B&H. HK is one of my favorite cities, have a great time while you're there!

Damn! Okey, I might have to research that a little bit better then! Thanks for the advice buddy, and yeah, HK is growing on me, feel like staying for a good while.

I picked up an used XE1 with kit zoom for $750. Unsure if I should just get a XE2 body only and keep the used XE1 kit, or return the used XE1 kit, and get a XE2 kit instead. Or save lots of money by just sticking with XE1.

Sent from my iPhone using FujiXspot mobile app

You're welcome guys :)
I'm no PP so I wouldn't be able to tell you down to the detail but what I can say is that the excellent IQ from the X-E1 is still there ;)
Whether its improved, my eyes cannot discern that :p

Back