Feedback EXIF missing 'make' & 'model' on some images

Kevin

Code Monkey 🐒
Something about this forum that doesn't like to detect the EXIFs that I export from On1. If I post these at another forum, the EXIF loads just fine. Same with Photos, it shows the camera and lens, but it's missing here somehow. 🤔
Fixed :) I'm actually kind of surprised that it didn't come up before (silly programmer mistake, missed something in the code).

I never in all my time here clicked on the (i)! That's cool. Interestingly, the lens make and model get lopped off by On1 2020, but the range and aperture are properly kept. What a goofy bug from those developers. I suspect they fixed it in a newer version.
Yep, goofy bug. In this case, "they" would be me. For displaying the EXIF below the images here in the forums it is an add-on that I wrote specifically for Cameraderie. Once upon a time it was using the same add-on that Amin's other former sites use but that add-on has some.... issues... that made me spend the time to just write an entirely new bespoke add-on.

For the little "i" icon, check here for some info' about it. :)

Often, you need to click on the "array xx" in the Info panel to see their contents.
Yep. When viewing the EXIF pop-up, if there are a lot of entries then they will be collapsed by default, otherwise if there aren't that many then it'll be shown expanded.

Testing the new image sizes that @Kevin is experimenting with.

E-M1_MkII_JAK_2019-_9084829_Ew.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yay. It works! Image is 2762x2114 and 3.19 MB (original), and when downloaded to my tablet dimensions and file size are preserved .

Tap, then double tap again to view the image at full forum size.

(Cross posted from the Remarkable Cars thread)

Kevin, have you changed the upload parameters back to the old forum defaults?

Test upload of big file:

IMG_20200214_165021.jpg

• ZTE T86
  • ISO 390
  • 3.8mm
  • f/1.8
  • 1/34s

Took 49 seconds from my tablet (approx. 750 Mbps network card), on a 100/20 Mbps fibre/coaxial cable connection.

This has been resized to the old forum defaults of 1600x1200, from 4608x3456, 8.9 MB to 313 KB!

Back