Expansive Living Room

Jman13

Regular
On my way to work this morning, I found this armchair just sitting right in the middle of an abandoned parking lot. I use this lot to sometimes cut around traffic to get to a side road, and it's never been there before...but today, there it is, just sitting right in the middle of the lot. X-E1 with 60/2.4.

lot_chair.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks, everyone! So, I passed that abandoned lot again today to see if the chair was still there. It was, but had either been knocked over by a car or the wind or something. It conveniently fell in pretty much the perfect place compositionally. I did not reposition the chair (on either day). It's as I found it:

lot_chair2.jpg

Today's Chair Update: Thunderstorms last night have created great water patterns, and sometime between when I drove past it last night and this morning, someone or something had broken the bottom bracing, and stood the chair back up. I'm curious how long it'll take before it disappears.

lot_chair3.jpg

I, too, really like your series - but might well have been tempted to take that chair home. My favorite so far is your first. Great decision to use that tilt shift kind of process. Definitely staying tuned, Jman.:popcorm2:

Thanks. Chair in same position today with no real change, so no new picture today. I'll update the series if there are chair developments. :)

I did process a different angle for yesterday's position...a little grittier processing too, so it doesn't quite match the series as well, but may provide a different feel for the current condition of the chair:

lot_chair3a.jpg

As I mentioned, no movement this morning, but I worked late today, and by the time I came home, it had been knocked over again, and moved about 30 feet. Since it was night in an abandoned lot, I used my car headlights for the lighting... I didn't bring my Fuji today, so this is with the OM-D and Olympus 75/1.8, but I wanted to continue the series....

lot_chair4b.jpg

Stopped by again today. The chair is now being slowly vandalized and ripped apart. One leg has been removed, the cross-brace on the bottom is about 30 feet from the chair, and the removed leg has been stabbed through one of the arms.

lot_chair5.jpg

lot_chair6.jpg

Back