Film Showcase Expired Fuji Provia 100 film

Arutemu

Regular
Not sure if this exists already, so if it does, please move. I thought it would be a nice chance to display the results from expired film many of us like to shoot with. I will start.

Pentax 67 / Takumar SMC 90mm f/2.8
Expired Fuji Provia 100

This was shot handheld in near dark with the film ISO 100. The camera is so heavy that no image stabilization is needed; its own weight serves to outweigh the hand shake and stabilize the picture.

32926656686_ce37af394c_b.jpg
Cinematic
by Artem, on Flickr

32213313993_97d6c03196_b.jpg
Night roads...
by Artem, on Flickr

Pentax 67 / Takumar SMC 90mm f/2.8
Fuji NPH Professional 400 (exp. 2001)

32453347463_0381fbc768_b.jpg
好的事情
by Artem, on Flickr

I have come to exposing expired film by accident really. I have suffered chronic depression for a good many years and the medication which has been prescribed has meant that I have lost total interest in virtually anything that needs any effort so processing B&W film, printing and musical interests have tended to go by the wayside. With the recent advent of adding the ability to take images digitally it seems to be slowly pulling back my interest film photography which is a pursuit that I have had for over 50 years. Hence my interest in expired film, chemical and paper, as being a Yorkshire man born and bred I don't like to throw anything away if I can make a use of it. I am also now considering scanning, negs and trannies which there again is something new to this digital neanderthal? Fortunately there are groups like this one which I am so grateful for?

I am also now considering scanning, negs and trannies which there again is something new to this digital neanderthal? Fortunately there are groups like this one which I am so grateful for?

I notice you have a funny habit of ending sentences with a question mark where ordinarily none would be required - as though you were doubting your own words :)

Maybe a response to my question would have been more appreciated than an attempt to correct my grammar, I appreciate that it must be difficult to live in such an imperfect world.

Hey, didn't mean to criticize at all, so no offense was meant. Hence the smiley :) But to be honest, upon reading again, I could not figure out what your actual questions were - they just looked like statements that had question marks appended to them. No offense, mate, just a remark. Perhaps I misunderstood.

Hey, didn't mean to criticize at all, so no offense was meant. Hence the smiley :) But to be honest, upon reading again, I could not figure out what your actual questions were - they just looked like statements that had question marks appended to them. No offense, mate, just a remark. Perhaps I misunderstood.
Ok, sorry, I maybe was being a little touchy, anyway, your thoughts on scanners? flatbed or the Plustek type appreciated

your thoughts on scanners? flatbed or the Plustek type appreciated

As an ordinary consumer, I think there's no choice but to use the flatbed. Everything else is just too damn expensive. I am using Epson flatbed Perfection V550. Still learning it. Apparently, there is more than one way to scan film on the same one scanner. Mine is an older model, but even that is fairly complex and sophisticated. It does a great job with 6X7 negatives from my Pentax 67, but consistently messes up the 645 slides from my Mamiya 645. Something's off about frame counter with the film guide. When it nails, it really nails - but at this point I still don't know if the scanner did it, or I.

As an ordinary consumer, I think there's no choice but to use the flatbed. Everything else is just too damn expensive. I am using Epson flatbed Perfection V550. Still learning it. Apparently, there is more than one way to scan film on the same one scanner. Mine is an older model, but even that is fairly complex and sophisticated. It does a great job with 6X7 negatives from my Pentax 67, but consistently messes up the 645 slides from my Mamiya 645. Something's off about frame counter with the film guide. When it nails, it really nails - but at this point I still don't know if the scanner did it, or I.

This was the other type I considered, and, yes, I accept it is only 35mm but I guess I can live with that

Plustek OpticFilm8100 Film Scanner: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Got a very effective HP G4010 from ebay last year for almost nothing (£25).
Fantastic for scanning photos, negatives and slides.
Downloaded software and drivers from HP.com.
Works on my Win7 and Win10 laptops.

Got a very effective HP G4010 from ebay last year for almost nothing (£25).
Fantastic for scanning photos, negatives and slides.
Downloaded software and drivers from HP.com.
Works on my Win7 and Win10 laptops.

A guy at Jessops suggested looking at charity shops for a scanner MortyCapp, so I think the advise from him and you is sound. Certainly it does not have to be the latest and greatest as I still propose to use my darkroom, thanks for that.

Back