Expired: Gold Box deal on Fuji XF1 - $179

Great price. I normally like my cameras in black. Yet I have a weakness for tan colored leather. The crazy thing was that Amazon sold the red one for less than they buy it back for. So someone that got the red one and decide they didn't want it can "return" it for more than they paid for it.

Amin - I think you will find the XF1 pretty incredible for what it is. I shot the vast majority of my contributions to the "Golden October" thread with mine except for a few with my new XE-1 and I have to say the image quality is really amazing.
Enjoy your new image making tool. I look forward to your picture posts.
. . . David

LOL. I might not be getting mine. Somehow Fedex dropped it off at the post office in the city I live in, and then the post office sent it to a neighboring city an hour a way. I have no idea whats going to happen with it now.

Djarnum, that happens all the time. Things are routed to the regionally sorting center. If you want crazy, I had a package shipped from SF, sent to Kentucky and then delivered in SF.

The price for the XF1 is now $249 at Amazon for anyone who missed this.

Djarnum, that happens all the time. Things are routed to the regionally sorting center. If you want crazy, I had a package shipped from SF, sent to Kentucky and then delivered in SF.

The price for the XF1 is now $249 at Amazon for anyone who missed this.

My city is the regional sorting facility. Its out for delivery in the city an hour away.

I'm bummed - messed up my order - accidentally removed the promotional credit during the ordering process and got charged the full amount of $397.12 after tax. Amazon customer service were unable to apply the credit after the fact, so I went ahead and returned it. Hopefully another deal will come along soon as I was very psyched for this camera!

I'm bummed - messed up my order - accidentally removed the promotional credit during the ordering process and got charged the full amount of $397.12 after tax. Amazon customer service were unable to apply the credit after the fact, so I went ahead and returned it. Hopefully another deal will come along soon as I was very psyched for this camera!

Sorry to hear that. I've never done a gold box or lightning deal. When I went to Amazon it was a little confusing after I added it to my cart, and thats why I originally thought the deal was done. It also appears that it can only stay in the cart for a fixed period of time before the price goes back up in the cart.

So now the post office in that city realized that the package did not belong in that city. It is now getting sent to the main sorting facility in Birmingham. Hopefully it will get back here to Huntsville. It doesn't currently say that it is being returned to sender, so hopefully I will get it later this week or early next.

If for some reason it does get back to Amazon, they'll do a refund. I talked to them about just sending me another, but they can't at that price, which I don't understand. If the package gets lost for some reason, they can resend it at that price, however. Their system does an automatic refund if the package comes back to them.

Ain't technology grand? I'm sorry to hear about both Amin's and Jason's complications in scoring a discount XF1. Amin - keep your eyes peeled on Woot.com and I'll be happy to pass along any deals that I find.

Back