Fuji Exporting from Lightroom 5.3

Markez79

Rookie
Hi guys,

I am in the process of doing my first Photo Book and I have a question that I hope you can help with.

When exporting to a JPEG, Lightroom gives you 3 sharpening settings, one for gloss, one for matte and one for screen.

I am hoping to use Lustre Photographic paper for my Photo Book and I don't know which of the sharpening output settings to use!

Any additional advice would also be very welcome.

Thanks

Mark

Hi guys,

I am in the process of doing my first Photo Book and I have a question that I hope you can help with.

When exporting to a JPEG, Lightroom gives you 3 sharpening settings, one for gloss, one for matte and one for screen.

I am hoping to use Lustre Photographic paper for my Photo Book and I don't know which of the sharpening output settings to use!

Any additional advice would also be very welcome.

Thanks

Mark

Any thoughts?!

Mark

Mark, as embarrassed as I am to admit it, I haven't printed my own photo book yet. I have had a photo done in a book by a group in Blurb. It might help if people knew which company you were using for this photo book?

Ray Sachs has done a lot of photo books and I can ask him to come on and respond, but I'm guessing each company is a little bit different? Apple, Blurb...etc.?

Mark, as embarrassed as I am to admit it, I haven't printed my own photo book yet. I have had a photo done in a book by a group in Blurb. It might help if people knew which company you were using for this photo book?

Ray Sachs has done a lot of photo books and I can ask him to come on and respond, but I'm guessing each company is a little bit different? Apple, Blurb...etc.?

I have done a number of photo books, almost all of them printed by Blurb. But I regret to say that I never pay attention to stuff like sharpening for a specific display tech. I just process them until they look right to me and then I use them for posting on the web, printing on glossy, printing on matte, whatever. And I've always been happy with the results doing it that way. So I guess I'm not of any real help here, other than to suggest it may not matter all that much... But if you have a more discerning eye than I do, it might!

-Ray

Back