Fuji Exposure Compensation in M mode.

Don't know if this is typically for the X-E2, but just checked my X-Pro1 to be sure and the exposure compensation is available. Maybe some of the X-E2 owners might help!

I'm a little confused... Not sure why you would want to use an automated feature like exposure comp. - which is effectively an offset - when in manual mode in the first place?

. . . as the OP mentioned to refine exposure.
I use spotmeting mostly and I " know" how to correct the exposure when the spotmeting is set on a white swan f.e.

Isn't the point of shooting full manual to completely control the exposure, including refining it? I'm missing what the exposure compensation does that one can't do themselves in manual.

If i understand it correctly, the OP is using manual aperture and manual shutter speed with Auto ISO. In that case I can see how he/she might want to use the exposure compensation dial to adjust the exposure on his X-E2 - it is just the fastest way.
I believe that became available on the X-T1 with a later firmware update. Maybe the X-E2 got that too, or maybe it never made it on that camera...

Here you go. Need to update to firmware version 4.00 or 4.1

Firmware for X-E2 | Fujifilm Global

upload_2017-8-16_10-54-10.png

Back