Lens F1.4 and Faster, Any Focal Length, Any Mount, Any Camera.

Some cameras do not report the correct F-Stop in EXIF, my Leica M's can only estimate it and my DF does not report it for uncoupled lenses.

I do want to keep the two threads separate. I picked F1.4 as it is the most popular and Modern "Super-Speed" aperture. F1.2- not where near as common, and F1.5- "Old School" Super-Speed. Hence the second thread.

This forum is about Fun, and not a big deal to me for posting a picture that can be used to compare against others.

I've been on use/lose "Staycation" and have been rebuilding lenses for the last two weeks. I'll be posting pictures to the Companion Thread at F1.5.

Some cameras do not report the correct F-Stop in EXIF, my Leica M's can only estimate it and my DF does not report it for uncoupled lenses.

I do want to keep the two threads separate. I picked F1.4 as it is the most popular and Modern "Super-Speed" aperture. F1.2- not where near as common, and F1.5- "Old School" Super-Speed. Hence the second thread.

This forum is about Fun, and not a big deal to me for posting a picture that can be used to compare against others.

I've been on use/lose "Staycation" and have been rebuilding lenses for the last two weeks. I'll be posting pictures to the Companion Thread at F1.5.
I get it. All good.

And for the sake of better understanding, we'll leave everything as-is, too, including Mladen's image.

M.

Canon F1.2 LTM.
L1015576 copy.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Canon 50mm F1.2 LTM wide open, just checking focus is aligned etc which I tend to do if taking a very fast lens out with my rangefinder. I find it easier accurately focusing a faster lens on a modern mirrorless cameras for this kind of subject due to their generally closer minimum focusing abilities but find achieving nailed on focusing using the RF method more fun.
L1016400 copy.jpg

Back