Lens F1.4 and Faster, Any Focal Length, Any Mount, Any Camera.

Gotlands Barley Wine (2).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Is that a disc brake setup. Like a car? Brakes have come a long way from my days? How much would those cost? And when did this system come out?

Is that a disc brake setup. Like a car? Brakes have come a long way from my days? How much would those cost? And when did this system come out?
Yes, exactly like a car. Well-proven technology that is minituarized for bicycles now :) This is actually a more exclusive model also with 4 pistons. Often they are just with 2 pistons. Either mineral oil or DOT fluid (like cars). But I prefer the oil ones, like these. Easier to maintain. They came long ago, I think it was like the 90's for MTB's at least. It was just a few years ago they came standard on road bikes. It works really great, all year around. And very easy to maintain. No adjusting, they are self-adjustable. You might wanna bleed them after a few years if they start to work bad. And of course, replace brake pads when worn out.
Not expensive either, this is a middle-model, good, but not best, and definately not worst: DEORE BR-M6120 Disc Brake Set

I used the Fuji X T-2 with an adapted Nikon AI 50mm f 1.4 lens for these shots inside. We collect Bert Stern photographs. He was the photographer for Marilyn Monroe but he photographed many of the stars. One of my clients was a helper of Mr. Stern and he sold us about 20 of his personally framed and signed prints. These prints were exhibited for 6 months in our local art museum along with some others added from the Staley gallery. I thought it would be fun to see how they would fare being photographed with an ancient 1.4 lens. I also photographed a statue downtown with a very high shutter speed with the lens wide open. It still is hard for my old eyes to hit perfect focus but I am trying and getting better. The last one is the wall of a burger joint we ate at tonight.
DSCF1121.jpg
DSCF1132.jpg
DSCF1134.jpg
DSCF1135.jpg
DSCF1139.jpg
DSCF1144.jpg

Back