Fuji F600EXR Crescent Moon

Lili
Its me re: the date I did set it as usual but didn't set the am/pm correctly..now its fine; I just need to get understand the EXR properly, it does feel nice in the hands and the macro is easy to use not as good as the ZX-1 I think but I didn't buy this little guy for that.
Have you used yours at full Zoom?
All the best for the New Year you get yours first I think...

6606522379_ce56ee5473_z.jpg

Hope i'm not getting carried away with this, ah what the heck....this F600EXR just begs to be used and the macro's not too bad at all.

Penny, it's difficult to see on my iPad how sharp the above image remains as one enlarges it. How large would you say you could go and still have a pleasing image that's acceptable for displaying? I don't think I personally would ever need more than 11x14.

Biro - 'Not to cut into Penny's thread here but I've printed a number of 11" X 14" prints from my '550 and they hold up very well. However, the ones I did print to that size were well exposed. I don't see the 500 series very forgiving when printing to that size prints unless the you have a strong image exposure and sharpness-wise to begin with. Here's an example from last fall;
p1008781437-5.jpg

Good luck.
. . . David

Hi Biro sorry I've just caught up with this thread again, having looked again at this particular picture on my flickr I wouldn't print it out ay more than postcard, that said I was a bit eager to snap this little fellow because ever time I got a bit nearer he moved away.
If you go to my flickr there other pics for you to look at in various sizes.

Actually I started this thread with moon shots but I think it is cool it has evolved into a thread for the most recent Fuji "F's"!
Mine is not as sharp as say my XZ-1, but it is very capable
6730096439_bee62807a4_b.jpg

ISO 100, 5 secs at f3.5, 24mm-e

Lilli that looks very sharp to me, Biro have just found another plus with this little camera...it has a internal memory! its the only one of my three cameras that has.
Found out the hard way having taken a pic and loaded the SD card (as I though) and found I'd left it in the computer! but I knew the two pics I'd taken were on the camera I had checked after pressing the shutter...am I glad that it has this life saving option.

That's great, Penny. I am very interested in this line of cameras and will be checking out the F750 EXR as soon as it's available. If the zoom speed is fast enough (my Canon's is a bit slow), I think I'll be picking it up. Thanks for all of your help!

6646865999_3a3b803f7c_z.jpg

Taken with F600EXR lens at 360mm using the EXR system on auto.

Nice.. Here's my contribution.. I was literally taking the first few photos on my new f600EXR so I popped outside to test it out and this little guy showed up as a subject.
6950048955_99b7920923.jpg

Shot it in RAW on Auto, then photoshop to auto adjust.

Great vibrant colours! What's the black dot between the 2 ducks though? Few by the mid bottom too.. Dust, noise?

Back