Books F8 and Been There - I'm an author!

Bill, I have just finished reading your book, super enjoyed it immensely. If I may I recommend you and the trouble and strife to try Amsterdam, a Teutonic Venice with better signage! Very photogenic and stuffed to the gills with a myriad of marvels to see and look in awe at

Many thanks Mike, very glad you enjoyed it. If you feel so inclined, do please write a short review for Amazon - they really do make a difference!

Funny you should mention Amsterdam; I used to work there, and it is on the list to be given the treatment in volume. 2, along with Berlin, Paris, Budapest, Lisbon, Dublin, Florence and a few others. That likely won't come out before this time next year, though - I'm currently working hard on a post-Brexit thriller with a photographic twist (think Dick Francis with cameras...), to be released in the Spring.

For anyone reading this who lives in my part of the world, I'm also going to be interviewed on BBC Surrey in a couple of weeks, all about the writing of F8 and Been There.

I look forward to volume 2. I echo your thoughts of Venice, my late wife and I spent our 40th wedding anniversary there in 2006, I keep meaning to go back but haven't made it yet!

Just picked up a copy for my tablet
I finished up over the weekend; was a good way of taking an hour-or-so out of the day after cutting the grass to relax & read. It was a good light-hearted read and introduced me to the word "Hygge". :)

Bill, something that caught my attention was the attempts at getting shots without crowds in them. Any thoughts in the digital age of using some of the techniques of using several composted images to get an image that is people-less?

Back