Fuji Fabulous 56

Iansky

All-Pro
I wanted to try the 56 APD on the X-Pro1 today to see how it performed for street, it proved itself to be fast to focus and delivers beautiful out of focus areas.

It is a good combination and I am looking forward to seeing how the lens performs on the X-pro2.

20160227-DSCF6752-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

Not the APD version.
Taken last night with my X-Pro1 at a Leica event at OC Camera

It is a great focal length for portraits as well as street (I have also used it for some landscapes).
Some fine images there, Ian and regarding the suitability of something longer for people in the streets, landscapes and whatnot I couldn't agree more. I'm pretty tired of all those silly shoulds and musts in photography.
Trust yourself and shoot away with whatever you feel like.

Well said Ken, It is not about the equipment but how you use it - there are many outstanding street photogs using all different focal lengths and it is as much about your own confidence in getting in close to the action as photogs like Bruce Gilden do or staying further back.

jedilost, it is a great all round performer that delivers great out of focus areas and focusses quickly and accurately - lot of money but definately worth it.

I purchased the lens today, and all I have to say is WOW

What beautiful image quality coming from it

I love the blacks and whites

Image1461130456.489741.jpg

Interested in knowing if you can really tell the difference between the APD and non-APD version. Thinking about picking this lens up but the APD version is 500USD more.

Back