Scenic Fall colors

Very nice, a thin line!

Pentax K-01 FA77 Ltd

IMGP2468-3-0.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks really cool, Larry. Did you set that up, or did you just happen to notice it?

It caught my eye while I was out walking my dog. The first hard frost meant lots of leaves came down --thump -- all at once. These landed on little ledges in the wall.

By the way, W.B. Yeats is one of my very favorite poets. Not applicable, no doubt, but your moniker urged me to say it.

This red leaf tree is my favorite nearby tree, on the lawn of a huge old estate right in the middle of town that's been converted to an office building but maintained the building and grounds. I walk by it or through it at least daily with my dog, often twice per day. This tree is always one of the last around here to change colors and give up its leaves, with the exception of the huge Ginko in the foreground of the first shot. It just turned, the leaves will be gone soon. I never remember to take a camera on these short walks so these are iphone shots:

View attachment 62276

View attachment 62277

Kareem, those iPhone shots really have some crazy detail. Nicely processed too.

Its really a pretty decent little camera in good light. Right focal length for me to feel at home with it too. If I need the shot quickly, or need to adjust parameters, or in low light, it finds its limits pretty quickly. But for "take your time" shots like this one in decent light, its surprisingly good...

-Ray

The beeches of the Avon valley

On a very grey and misty day I walked some way along the old railway track bed of the Kingsbridge to South Brent line that for some way follows the line of the Avon valley. The beech trees have finally reached their autumn splendour.

1010386.jpg

1010375.jpg

1010391.jpg

1010404.jpg

All with Panasonic GF1 and 14-45mm Panasonic zoom

Barrie

Back