Feedback FAQ: Can't post a comment in the Gallery

Amin

Hall of Famer
All of a sudden I can't leave a reply to anyone's photographs in the SIJ gallery. :confused:
Because of a software glitch following the forum upgrade, I disabled the "Quick Comment" in the Gallery. From now on, to leave a comment, use Photo Options > Post a Comment.

I disabled the "Quick Comment" in the Gallery. From now on, to leave a comment, use Photo Options > Post a Comment.

[Note to self: $comq removed from showphoto.tmpl]
Amin, is this a temporary fix, as the Edit Photo option makes it difficult to reply properly....devoid of the image (only a thumbnail) other comments, user and photo details, etc.

I think it's safe to assume everyone liked it better the other way. So did I. However, the old way wasn't working properly after the update, and it I haven't yet decided whether to spend the money to fix it.

Hi Amin,
I cant seem to post comments on gallery -single in january! could not post at all thelast 2 days anywhere but that seems to have come right . thanks nikki

Amin... as far as I could see, the only problem was that bit of code. I was happy to delete it and make my remarks, the new way of doing things is a real turnoff. Surely people could make the effort and just remove it from the comment.

Sue, thanks for your input. Both solutions are suboptimal, though I'm not sure I agree with you as to which solution is better.

I spent a few hours trying to make it work. So far, no luck. I may have to pay the upgrade, but the Vbulletin upgrade broke our links directory as well as the gallery, and the company which makes both charges full price (there is no upgrade pricing) for access to minor point updates, which I have a problem with on principle (in addition to financially).

Sue, thanks for your input. Both solutions are suboptimal, though I'm not sure I agree with you as to which solution is better.

I spent a few hours trying to make it work. So far, no luck. I may have to pay the upgrade, but the Vbulletin upgrade broke our links directory as well as the gallery, and the company which makes both charges full price (there is no upgrade pricing) for access to minor point updates, which I have a problem with on principle (in addition to financially).

Absolutely agree. This is why vBulletin, although considered a "standard" in some ways, is something I would never consider. There are a multiplicity of free options with excellent security. But, oh well. My commenting has slowed to nearly nothing now. Having to go to options and choose from the dropdown is nothing less than a PITA.

I wasn't referring to the cost of vBulletin but rather the cost of the 3rd party software for the gallery and links directory.

As for your PITA, that has been duly noted.

Back