Fuji FAQ from the Fuji Guys on YouTube

Yes, I just watched it and will watch it again, because I'm still suffering "car lag" from a recent trip. I can see how there are many different ways to make this camera work for different people's needs and wants.

Thank you, Don!

I think the theory is that if you're in one of the automatic or semi-automatic modes, it can choose intermediate settings for the things the camera is adjusting but it doesn't give you the option. And it will choose intermediate settings. In manual mode, you may not be able to nail exposure with full stops so it gives you the ability to select smaller increments. When I'm in ap priority, I can't select intermediate ap settings and in shutter priority I can't select intermediate shutter speeds. And in program mode, I can't select intermediate steps in either because its doing it all for me.

Oh lord, I hope I haven't turned the X100 into an LX5 again.... or a Nex. :(

-Ray

What do you mean by this in the context of the NEX? I'm thinking of selling mine (NEX). I'm not necessarily looking at the X100, but I'm following it closely, and any reference to something I already use is informative.

No, sorry, kind of an inside joke for Don. Within the last couple of days I mentioned the limits of a feature with the X100 that was similar to the limits on an LX5 - which was part of the reason he got disheartened with the LX5. He jokingly accused me of turning the X100 into an LX5. He's previously complained just a little bit about the inability to set intermediate aperture stops on the Nex (I think - or maybe it was ISO?). So this was just an allusion to that.

-Ray

-Ray

:rofl: Not for me, you haven't, Ray! Note to add, that this is nothing against the LX5 or the NEX, but kind of a little bit of "humor" due to some previous remarks by some who shall not be named by me.:tongue:

but kind of a little bit of "humor" due to some previous remarks by some who shall not be named by me.:tongue:
Perlease . . .around this neck of the woods you spell "humor" with a "U" . . . humour
we may be old fashioned, but I think you should humour us . . . especially when telling colourful jokes:daz:

:D Well, I can't swear to the whole NEX remark, but I know that good ol' Don AKA Streetshooter was not happy with the LX5's focus box growing large again, having made it tiny, when he turned off the camera and turned it back on again....and somewhere in one of these X100 threads, when it came out that the focus box on this camera didn't remain as tiny as it could....well, Ray was concerned...and Don was initially, too. At least that's how I remember it going.:daz:

Yeah all with a sense of humour or humor here in the Colony.
Again, Ray has found the glitch on the camera.
True, the fstop is not adjustable to 1/3 stops in A mode.
For the life of me I can't understand why they missed that key feature.

I vote Ray to be in charge of firmware development.
He has found almost every little glitch with any camera I use. This for me is a good thing because I don't stumble on these things unaware.

Back