GAS Fearing GAS attacks

Alf

Top Veteran
I know, it's the wrong moment of the year. Work has been a little busier and a little less useful, hometime more proactive, and outside dark. Plus there are presents to choose, visits to make, people to meet and as the guy said "it's not those enemies are going to kill themselves on their own, you've got to do the job".

You all know what this means: few pics, and an increasing thinking that bright new toys will magically make them while you have a cup or two.
And breakfast.
6531886567_1ec85d951e_b.jpg

cannolo! di alfrjw, su Flickr

In a land where camera shops are nearly extinct, I managed to see all the toys, and touch them all.
G3.. PL3.. PM1.. not better than my PL1 to play with.
5n.. C3.. nice to hold, ugly interface.
X100.. oh beautiful but impractical for now.
X10.. like but has a viewfinder.. don't know.
NX200... oh wow. How did it happen I didn't buy it as soon as I touched it? It's looovely:love:. Well, in that place it's €850 for the 18-55 open box :mad: and "no 16mm kits for you".

Plus, priorities must be considered. Ladies first, and their toys too.
6531846269_31bbf60e7e_b.jpg

Poi di alfrjw, su Flickr

That didn't stop me from a long walk, and a few things for me.
6534145271_1108e044b0_b.jpg

La Filatrice di alfrjw, su Flickr

In the end, I'm almost decided. In a few months, it will all be sorted out. I think I'll sit this mu43 generation out and end up with the NX or the fuji duo.
Meanwhile, aperitivo.
6534191477_bae7cf93fb_b.jpg

Arancia di alfrjw, su Flickr

And in the evening, of course, the ladies!
6534227199_46d89fed8f_b.jpg

Fanny di alfrjw, su Flickr

Alf, I love coming along on your walks...and listening to your thoughts while seeing your photographic "illustrations". Let's all meet at that little stop "Arancia" and discuss things in more detail.:drinks:

Great photos Alf! As always, you do a great job storytelling your photos as well. Makes them even more special.

Is that last photo of the lady odd looking? Can't quite place how her body fits together.

Is that last photo of the lady odd looking? Can't quite place how her body fits together.
Actually, for a friend I should say she fits together quite well ;)
The pic was shot from the audience (being friends gives you perks like 2nd row seats and freedom to shoot), while she was almost seating : only the lower back and the elbow touching the seat - not a very comfortable position, while being visually effective in the play.

Thanks for the chat Alf. That's what I love about your reportages, that it seems as though we are walking together down the road and both ears and an eye are transfixed by your tale.

Mate, as long as the NX200 doesn't mess with the storyline then I'd say go for it....then again the more prudent side of me says "when it aint broke, don't fix it"...in your case the little PEN consistently delivers great images....as is the case, again, with this recent portfolio.

Actually, for a friend I should say she fits together quite well ;)
The pic was shot from the audience (being friends gives you perks like 2nd row seats and freedom to shoot), while she was almost seating : only the lower back and the elbow touching the seat - not a very comfortable position, while being visually effective in the play.

She's good looking for sure! :)

But what I meant is that her head seems to be floating and dettached from the torso. Maybe it's the magazine movement blurring out her neck?

Part is the movement, and part is the combination of her posture and a quite long neck. While I love the way the Olympus mkI draws, at 42mm longer exposure are part of the story. And I didn't think of bringing along the hexanon 50/1,4...

Alf I love your narrated images! And these were shot with the 14-42 mk I?
Excellent!
as to your choices
"In a land where camera shops are nearly extinct, I managed to see all the toys, and touch them all.
G3.. PL3.. PM1.. not better than my PL1 to play with.
5n.. C3.. nice to hold, ugly interface.
X100.. oh beautiful but impractical for now.
X10.. like but has a viewfinder.. don't know.
NX200... oh wow. How did it happen I didn't buy it as soon as I touched it? It's looovely. Well, in that place it's €850 for the 18-55 open box and "no 16mm kits for you"."
Have you considered the XZ-1? Zoom fast even at long end!

Its images look nice, but it doesn't come alive in my hand. A pity because I like its lens, but I won't buy a camera I don't like to hold - it would end up not being used.

I completely understand Alf. My favorite cameras to handle and use are my GRD's and my E-PL2. I still adore the XZ-1 for its results though.

Back