Fuji Featured: 'The Grand Tetons' by Stephen S

Stephen S

Veteran
Name
Stephen Scharf
Last week I was in Jackson, Wyoming for 5 days of vacation of shooting in the Grand Tetons and environs as the parks were open this year.

Some first pics...

First light on the first morning, but I was still too late to be in position where I really wanted to be, so these were literally taken from the side of the highway. Images were Fuji X-T1 and the Fuji 18-55, 14mm and 23mm primes.

Teton-Sunrise-2-Web.jpg

Teton-Sunrise-3-Web.jpg

This is where I wanted to be that morning, the Snake River Overlook...
Tetons-Snake-River-1.jpg

My favorite shots from that first morning shoot:

This shot from taken from the side of Hwy 191 on the way to Moran Junction.
Teton-View-1-Web.jpg

A shot of the Tetons from Cunningham Cabin Historic Site
Tetons-and-Cabin-Web.jpg

Snake River near Moran Junction...applied a Replichrome II Fujifilm Astia preset to this image.
Stream-Moran-Jnctn.jpg

Sunset over the Tetons Monday night...there were elk about. Actually dialed back the red sky in these it was so intense.
Teton-Sunset-2-Web.jpg

Teton-Sunset-4-Web.jpg

Jenny Lake that evening...black and white.

Jenny-Lake-1-Web.jpg

Got up way early last Tuesday morning to watch the sun come up over Jenny Lake, it was quite still so I got a good reflection.

Alpenglow on the Tetons...
Jenny-Lake-Sunrise-2B-Web.jpg

Amazing photos, Stephen. What a beautiful place, and you captured the early morning & evening light perfectly.

You certainly did, Stephen and you've just added a double underscore to my desire to "see America first" (written as an American....this was an old US National Parks System "advertising" slogan) - there's so much of the USA that I haven't seen yet!

WOW!!

I mean WOW!!

Stephen S??

You my man have skills. I am lose of words... Umm, what is your most favorite lens after shooting unbelievable beautiful images like these??
Just so you know my jaw dropped all the way down to the ground and now i have to try to pry it back up were it belongs.

Those are the most stunning landscape pictures I have ever seen in my entire 51 year lifetime!
Kudos to you of such talent my friend.

WOW!!

I mean WOW!!

Stephen S??

You my man have skills. I am lose of words... Umm, what is your most favorite lens after shooting unbelievable beautiful images like these??
Just so you know my jaw dropped all the way down to the ground and now i have to try to pry it back up were it belongs.

Those are the most stunning landscape pictures I have ever seen in my entire 51 year lifetime!
Kudos to you of such talent my friend.

You flatter me, but thanks for the kind words, Erik. Much appreciated. These images were taken with either the Fuji 14mm, 23mm or the 18-55. All great lenses, but the primes in particular are exceptional.

ok, i'm jealous. grand teton national park is one of my favorite places in the world. and you've captured the majesty and grandeur very well.

Amazing shots.

I was all set to start my fuji kit with the 10-24 and xf35, but these shots are making me question that decision....

Back