Fuji Feedback On Photo Article

Saibot

Rookie
I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but thought I'd start here. Mods, feel free to move/remove as necessary.

With my X-E2 and new 56mm 1.2 in hand, I wrote an article on the Photographer's Workflow where I try to take new shooters through the process of of a "typical" photo session, as think through all of the decisions we have to make dynamically to address the technical challenges as well as the "soft skills."
Since it's sort of a live stream of thought as the session progresses it's a bit verbose, but I wanted to share everything to give the best description of being in the photographer's head and what to focus on.

Sorry for the off site link, but it's really just way to much to try and post in a thread. I would really love to hear your honest thoughts and opinions about it so I can make it a better teaching resource.

Thanks in advance!

Problem Solving and Workflow

I think it's a good primer on thinking through a shoot -- something which too often isn't done (and I've been guilty of that myself, lol).

My only comment is that for many these days the available "attention span" is not what it used to be. I often try to use smaller paragraphs (therefore more of them) and I think you could have some more illustrations embedded to make it more interesting -- like for instance good/bad wardrobe choices or lighting, etc. Doesn't have to be extensive, just break up the writing a bit. I know that sounds silly, but that's what people are used to these days, lol.

Don't take any of that as condemnation though. You writing works for me.

Good article. I'm with Entropic, for someone who really wants to learn, or is looking for something in particular it is a great way to 'get into someone's head', however for a casual reader they may not commit in reading and learning what they can from the whole article. Illustration examples of the processes may give a casual reader the proverbial carrot on a stick. I did find the article informative, just my feedback.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I agree, it's pretty dang long and not for the faint of heart. My typical format is very short and to the point about a specific lighting setup so there is plenty of that for the short attention span'd readers. I'll have to see where I can break it up as suggested.

Thanks!

Back