Feedback Feedback wanted: Utility of right column "Recent Discussions"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to navigate the site from the latest discussion column and then switch between the various sister sites using the buttons in the main title.
For the most part I use a desktop but even when I use IPad I don't use an app.
I vary Ipad browsers from Safari,Photon,Mercury and Atomic Web and also have tried Opera and Chrome but I'm less keen on those.
No problem with the layout as far as I can tell
The dedicated App is less appealing and I wouldn't mind if it disappeared for good.

I will use whatever works best for you Amin, i.e. keeps the prices down. I like the recent discussions column but can navigate the site easy enough on my phone or iPad either way.

Reactions: BBW
I don't use a mobile device, and I had my browser set up to drop right into the "Recent Discussions" page (which is no longer available), so I am not so keen on the changes.

I had to pm Luke to find out where the latest discussions went. On my laptop, I have to scroll down to find them on the righthand side.

However, learning a new way to access what I need won't ruin my life.

Cheers, Jock

I use the right column all the time as well, but like others have said, if it disappears tomorrow I think we'll all be OK.

I like the latest discussions, its what I check daily, and I only check the main forums listing if I am looking for a specific genre of discussion. I don't use the mobile app and TBH I tend to just use the desktop version on my ipads rather than tapatalk which I seem to have abandoned, also. I prefer the way SC is set out, to that of PF. I can never find anything there.

I don't use a mobile device, and I had my browser set up to drop right into the "Recent Discussions" page (which is no longer available), so I am not so keen on the changes.

I had to pm Luke to find out where the latest discussions went. On my laptop, I have to scroll down to find them on the righthand side.

However, learning a new way to access what I need won't ruin my life.

Cheers, Jock

Same Here - I can learn to live with the change but the Recent Discussions was superior in that it contained a lot more thread links - I think the right Latest discussions should be expanded if thats the future

Aha - I wondered where that had gone! Thanks for explaining your reasoning, Amin.

Although I, too, also really liked the Recent Discussion column on the right and missed it earlier...I hadn't realized it was available on the front page. I thought I'd checked there this morning...but I see it's there now. As long as I know I can see it somewhere, I know I'll get used to having it this way and if it saves you money - that's worth our getting used to the change.

Interestingly I really like using your forums via the Internet browser (Safari in my case) as opposed to the app version...probably I'm just used to it that way and find it easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back