Leica Feedback wanted: Utility of right column "Recent Discussions"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amin

Hall of Famer
I've been tweaking the tabs, Navbar links, etc, mostly with a goal towards eventually producing a mobile-friendly version of the site. If you visit FredMiranda.com or PentaxForums.com from your phone/iPod/tablet, you'll see examples of what I'd like to do with this site.

If I can make the sites user friendly on mobile from a phone, I can stop paying the high monthly cost of our forum app. Those who like using an app would still have the option to use Tapatalk, which is now free and provides the same functionality. More importantly, those who don't want to bother with an app would have a mobile-friendly site to use.

The major obstacle to making the site mobile-friendly is that I use a product called vBadvanced CMPS to put a "Recent Discussions" column on the side of each thread. I personally use that column to find the most recent posts while viewing any given thread, and I'm sure a lot of members use it that way too. However, I'm thinking we could all get used to going without that and instead using the "New Posts" and "Today's Posts" links under the Navbar (replacing the Active tab), which is the way almost every other forum works.

Regardless of whether we keep Recent Discussion in a column of the thread view, it will remain a column on the site Front Page.

Amin,

Thank you for the opportunity to give feedback. I vote to keep the recent discussions! it's the first place I go to when I log on to see what's new or trending.

Ed B.

I like the recent discussion sidebar- but use a 17" laptop for the forum. I do not use a mobile device for web surfing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back