Feels like silk, tastes like leather

AzPete

Veteran
Greetings all and so nice to be here (I think). :rolleyes: Haven't been shooting much these past few months but going to take some time in the new year. Wishing you all a great holiday season, except for BillN... I'm not sure if he celebrates anything I'll tip a glass to you old buddie instead. ;) BTW my avatar was taken in 1972, so now you know how really old I am. I could be your father

Pete, thanks so much for accepting my invite! Looking forward to seeing more of you - and your pictures - in this new year!

Your title made me laugh - I thought it was going to be another of BillN's pig pix. :D

Merry holidays to you, too, old pal!

Greetings all and so nice to be here (I think). :rolleyes: Haven't been shooting much these past few months but going to take some time in the new year. Wishing you all a great holiday season, except for BillN... I'm not sure if he celebrates anything I'll tip a glass to you old buddie instead. ;) BTW my avatar was taken in 1972, so now you know how really old I am. I could be your father

Pete, - and I’ll have a few for you, if I can remember as the “medication” that I’m on makes Christmas sometimes a little unclear - I’m not sure if it will be the red or white this year as the Rosé last year was a bit rough

Just downed a couple of dozen Oysters with the kids, my wife hates them – followed by quails eggs and olives – with a couple of bottles of “bubbly” to wash the taste away – just waiting for the obligatory “headache” to arrive.

got some good Foie Gras for tomorrow to go with the trilogy of Duck, (canard en trois mouvements) – breast, (as the actress said to the Bishop), leg and confit – then some good old English Christmas Pudding – I usually throw Brandy all over it and set it alight as I like to make religious statements at Christmas

I’ve charged all the batteries in the hope that I’ll get a good Xmas shot but just found that my M8, (bought it used a few weeks ago) has the dreaded “coffee stain” but that’s life in the “fast lane” – green smudge last week – coffee stain this week – a lot to look forward to in the New Year

How did you get “over here” to Serious Compacts – a site for seriously compacted people

Have a good Xmas holiday mate, all the best to you and your family

Bill

PS - Welcome - "New Member" - BB must have let you in

Sorry, I don't get it what's going on between Bill and Pete, but I want to learn more in my olde days.....

A Merry Christmas to @ and Bill: I 'treated' your M8 with a bit of voodoo....I have a cardboard Leica with needles........let's see what I may do next week...... :daz:

Sorry, I don't get it what's going on between Bill and Pete, but I want to learn more in my olde days.....

A Merry Christmas to @ and Bill: I 'treated' your M8 with a bit of voodoo....I have a cardboard Leica with needles........let's see what I may do next week...... :daz:

Bernd

Pete and I are really "good friends" - and (but) we always "pull each others legs"

he's an "old rocker" plus a little older than me and needs 'sympathy' now and again as he can get temperamental under the hot sun of Arizona

Merry Christmas Bernd - we are just about to start a late Christmas lunch - the second apero "bottle" causing the delay

(…)
just found that my M8, (bought it used a few weeks ago) has the dreaded “coffee stain” but that’s life in the “fast lane” – green smudge last week – coffee stain this week –

Oh my, not so good, looks like the Leica may be heading back to Germany for a bit of surgery. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and you baby.

Not to over do my welcome here, it's the good people here that keep the attraction alive. Sure I love photography, but a good friend (s) is worth far more than even a Leica. Well it's Christmas Day and the family will start coming over soon for dinner (and yes they always come to the old man's house), so let me say again I truly hope each of you (yes even you know who), have a great day today and even better New Years.

<Pete tips his glass, let the drinks begin> ;)

I respond to most anything. You can even call me gramps:eek: although I find it hard to believe I am the
oldest here at 61yrs.
BTW just saw True Grit with the grandma and it was pretty good...I rate it an 8stars out of 10.

Cheers all
Dad... aka: Gramps, aka Pete

Back