Documentary Felony Assault Reportage - Short North Columbus

gryphon1911

Hall of Famer
Name
Andrew
My photojournalism site gets a story!

I was out this morning walking my dog at around 9am and came across this scene. I copied he story text below and included the pictures.
A felonious assault report was files by the Columbus Division of Police on 7/18/2021 @ 3:49 am.
Visual Ohio staff happened to be walking in the vicinity of that incident at 9:00 am. The Columbus Crime Scene Search Unit (CSSU) was still on scene wrapping up their phase of the investigation.

According to the police incident report (210525311), Frederick Leatherwood Jr, 21 and Trent Winfrey, 20 were involved in an undescribed dispute in the street, when it escalated to a shooting match between the 2.
The report states that both were arrested.
A third person, Michael Caloendar, 26, was hit in the crossfire of the dispute. As of now all we know is that person was transported to the hospital and no fatalities have been reported in conjunction with this incident.
Pictures from the put the potential rounds fired into the 20+ category based on the cones covering the discarded shell casings.
We did discuss the incident with some of the people that work in the area, but nothing conclusive could be ascertained or corroborated from the discussions.

07-18-2021_sn_cbus_NZ6_9409.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

07-18-2021_sn_cbus_NZ6_9410.jpg

07-18-2021_sn_cbus_NZ6_9411.jpg

07-18-2021_sn_cbus_NZ6_9417.jpg

07-18-2021_sn_cbus_NZ6_9419.jpg

07-18-2021_sn_cbus_NZ6_9421.jpg

Original Story Link:

This area used to be slums, and they tried to gentrify it. There are still pretty rough areas surrounding it. That and you add in late night patrons in their early 20’s with more bravado than brains and it seems to make sense that they would still take some precautions.

Back