News FF D800 finally introduced .. the most compact FF DSLR with 36MP Sensor!

Prices excluding VAT are not that different from US prices. Also, when comparing, you have to add 8%-10% sales tax to US prices as the ones shown are always excl. sales taxes.

But tax-exclusive prices are irrelevant as the tax has to be paid ... and VAT over here is 20% flat

All of these new cameras from Nikon is making me start to think about switching back to Nikon and letting go of the Canons

If I had a Canon, I would wait until the 5D Mark III is announced. Canon and Nikon are very close to each other and the leader of today can be the number two of tomorrow.

If I had a Canon, I would wait until the 5D Mark III is announced. Canon and Nikon are very close to each other and the leader of today can be the number two of tomorrow.

The 5D is pushing more and more for video, Canon in general is moving more toward video and I have been waiting over 2 years for the rumored replacement of the MkIII 1Ds the 1DX is coming but nobody knows when, in the mean time Nikon has done the D3X and now the D4 plus these new high resolution cameras, Nikon seems really on top of things for stills.

The 5D is pushing more and more for video, Canon in general is moving more toward video and I have been waiting over 2 years for the rumored replacement of the MkIII 1Ds the 1DX is coming but nobody knows when, in the mean time Nikon has done the D3X and now the D4 plus these new high resolution cameras, Nikon seems really on top of things for stills.

Yes, and more than resolution, Nik is playing so well in terms of IQ, DR and Higher ISOs, in lovely bodies

The Foveon sensor has three layers of detectors, all stacked on each other. It uses a different layer for Red, Green, and Blue. There is no aliasing or need to interpolate as is required for traditional sensors using Mosaic filters for color.

That National Library shot is spectacular. I'd love one of these but even if I could afford the $3000 for the camera I'd still need another $10,000 for the lenses (plus the new computer to handle the files).

Great lens too - I can read the text on the spines of some of the books in the bottom right hand corner.

If you zoom in on the face of the image of the girl with the tiger - the skin detail is amazing

I'm retired so I have really got to think about getting one of these and spend some money on some (more) Nikon glass - the pro stuff
It is worth "selling" something - I cannot see how images can get any better

Back