Film FiF '17 - Jose

That is nice. The lady's warmth and charm are evident, and I think that makes the photo.
It really does. I've in fact printed this in 20x30 (cms) to offer her. Previous to the photo I've posted here, I've taken another from a distance and noticed she was kind of proud of someone interested on her "shop". I engaged in conversation with her and asked if she would pose for me. She was pretty glad and went searching for one of her's best birds. :2thumbs:

Day 12

Decided to post this, even being a flop, since this is part of the analogue experience: the ASA button moved inadvertently from 200 to 1600, took two photos like that, only preparing the third noticed the speeds were pretty odd...

CNV000007_edit-XL.jpg

Nice work, José - both well seen and executed. I'm coming to the conclusion that b&w film is probably winning over colour for me, at least for self-scanning; thanks to (mostly) ForeverFilm and SeriousCompacts, I have been able to narrow down my preferred choices pretty clearly - TX is more contrasty and has great acuity for a ISO 400 film, but I sure like the midtones and vintage grain provided by HP5+ - thanks for reminding me of that once more. I'll probably have to stock both - though twice as much HP5+ :) As for ISO 100, I think Acros 100 wins by some margin. So three otherwise very nice Ilford films, Delta 100 and 400, and FP4+, are out as soon as my current stock is used up. I'll find out about XP2 (colour process, C41) soon enough, as well as Delta 3200.

btw. If someone's interested in IR film, I have a couple of rolls I can't use properly (Ilford SFX, expired) - they came with a bulk buy and have been in the fridge ever since (as they were since being bought by the previous owner). Either I can move them on, or I'll have to shoot them as normal ISO 200 stock ... Would be quite a bit of a shame, but I'll probably not buy a dark red filter just to use up some stock I won't be refilling anyway.

M.

Attachments

• 33350483932_216ec2348f_c.jpg
    33350483932_216ec2348f_c.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 43
Back