Film FiJ '18 - just a bit of craze to keep my hand in ...

For honesty's sake, I really blew today's shot - completely; I'll substitute another one, but full disclosure, it won't be the one I ruined. No documentary, either - just bad work. The reason is simple: I only had time to go shooting again after dark - and I didn't take the film shot this morning. Mindless oversight, no two ways about it. I'll do better tomorrow.

M.

I have to give up on the FiJ2018 project due to extraordinary and sad circumstances; these prevented me from shooting today and will make shooting difficult in the next couple of weeks. It's nothing too personal, thankfully, but something that affects our community as a whole, and deeply. In short, we lost a young colleague today through a tragic accident; I don't know any details yet, but it hit us all hard, and I have to be able to devote my time and energy towards those who need them come Monday - and till then, get a grip on myself. This is certainly more important than taking images.

M.

Thanks, guys; I'm okay for the most part - I can at least bear it. Others, however, are not so lucky - mainly our students, and of course, some of the younger colleagues who have - thankfully - been spared comparable incidents up to now; some are also much more directly affected because they were his peers. We others have to support those who need it as well as we can - and that'll be very demanding. As I find it very comforting, I'll go for walks whenever I can, and I'll keep shooting for the very same reason. I just can't fulfill any kind of obligation right now.

M.

Back