Film Film Camera Repair Channel

phigmov

Top Veteran
Mar 23, 2015
Pretty sure I've posted this elsewhere before but a few more videos are out from the Fix Old Cameras channel - I'm a little surprised by the plastic Minolta gears in the middle video - you could totally imagine stripping those but maybe they're sturdier than they look...

More over here Fix Old Cameras

Still waiting for a Pen F teardown to see where my stuck winder is likely to be. I suspect my lack of manual dexterity & terrible eyesight will actually prevent me fixing the problem but tearing it down might be fun.

BrianS

Super Moderator
Apr 3, 2013
From first-hand experience: the later manual focus Minolta X series cameras were flimsy. The Pentaprism fit perfectly in a Kodak Retina Reflex-S. "Silver Lining" in there- literally. The silver surfaces of the Retina prisms often separates.

BrianS

Super Moderator
Apr 3, 2013
Covering the Retina - still holding out for a Pen F video...

Lessons I learned from taking several Retina IIa cameras apart: Put Tape over the film wind mechanism rather than taking it apart. When re-assembling, use Dental Floss to hold back the clutch used to prevent winding when counting down to 1.

phigmov

Top Veteran
Mar 23, 2015
Lens repair - the solution he uses to clean off the oil is fascinating - not sure my fumble-fingers could manage the dissasembly to get to the blades though...

Latest threads

Top Bottom