• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum for photographers and camera enthusiasts!
    If you are looking for critique, tips, advice, buying recommendations, or just want to talk to fellow enthusiasts then join now for free!
  • Single In July 2019 is coming! 📸
    --> Pick your gear, join the challenge! <--

Film Film Camera Repair Channel

Mar 23, 2015
Pretty sure I've posted this elsewhere before but a few more videos are out from the Fix Old Cameras channel - I'm a little surprised by the plastic Minolta gears in the middle video - you could totally imagine stripping those but maybe they're sturdier than they look...

More over here Fix Old Cameras

Still waiting for a Pen F teardown to see where my stuck winder is likely to be. I suspect my lack of manual dexterity & terrible eyesight will actually prevent me fixing the problem but tearing it down might be fun.

BrianS

Super Moderator
Apr 3, 2013
From first-hand experience: the later manual focus Minolta X series cameras were flimsy. The Pentaprism fit perfectly in a Kodak Retina Reflex-S. "Silver Lining" in there- literally. The silver surfaces of the Retina prisms often separates.

BrianS

Super Moderator
Apr 3, 2013
Covering the Retina - still holding out for a Pen F video...

Lessons I learned from taking several Retina IIa cameras apart: Put Tape over the film wind mechanism rather than taking it apart. When re-assembling, use Dental Floss to hold back the clutch used to prevent winding when counting down to 1.

Latest threads

Top Bottom