Film Film Camera Repair Channel

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Pretty sure I've posted this elsewhere before but a few more videos are out from the Fix Old Cameras channel - I'm a little surprised by the plastic Minolta gears in the middle video - you could totally imagine stripping those but maybe they're sturdier than they look...

More over here Fix Old Cameras

Still waiting for a Pen F teardown to see where my stuck winder is likely to be. I suspect my lack of manual dexterity & terrible eyesight will actually prevent me fixing the problem but tearing it down might be fun.

From first-hand experience: the later manual focus Minolta X series cameras were flimsy. The Pentaprism fit perfectly in a Kodak Retina Reflex-S. "Silver Lining" in there- literally. The silver surfaces of the Retina prisms often separates.

Covering the Retina - still holding out for a Pen F video...

Lessons I learned from taking several Retina IIa cameras apart: Put Tape over the film wind mechanism rather than taking it apart. When re-assembling, use Dental Floss to hold back the clutch used to prevent winding when counting down to 1.

Another entry - this time a TLR - looks like there is a lot going on in the side-panel, I always assumed a a lot of the mechanism sat on the front face rather than the side.

A couple of new entries from the folks at Fix Old Cameras

Graflex lens - Surprised by the amount of plastic behind the scenes in older cameras.

Sears 51 - This one isn't really a fix, more of an exploration of an odd camera - the two piece wind lever is kind of cool.

Mamiya DTL - replacing battery wire. What I love about these is the oddball stuff you see as part of the tear-down. In this case its the 'meter chain' - which is a literal chain that wends its way around the lens-mount up to the top-plate.

Back