Film film compartment door

lucien

Legend
Hi i just took out an load of monochrome film out of my N80 because of US of F80 internationally. I can't close the door back? Why? Do I need another roll in there? I checked the PDF manual and it doesn't mention closing the door. I'm new. I did load the film myself and auto rewind. I took out the roll I shot and now the door won't stay closed. I tried dumping the batteries and off/on.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance,

IMG_0186.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

at the top of door I think I see a fresh break. The bottom latch looks fine. Damn I just bought it, is the replacement door expensive? It has quatz date but I don't need that. Will tape work just fine like someone suggested?

I can't find a door on ebay, but I can get a cam for parts starting at $40 plus shipping. I don't think it's worth fixing. Use as is or trash it. A replacement under $100 mint from Japan. What to do?

Last edited:
what other bodies would be a match? Maybe I can get something older and scavenge it for parts? Like a F70, trying to come up with a solution. Even though I can get a body for $40 the shipping doubles it and that's not worth while. $100 out the door for another working body. An $80 door basically, naaahh

Last bit, I guess I'll use scotch blue painter's tape since this is just for fun. I also read that csm menu 8 has to be set to 1 because the latch activates autoload of film. But how will the film load if I deactive it. Just by pressing the shutter? I know 2 buttons pressed together will do the rewinding. What does the forwarding/advancing? Is it unaffected?

Back