Film Finally finished a roll

Finally finished a roll of Superia in the F100 this morning. I have the OM2n with me now to try and finish a roll of AGFA Vista200 that's half finished. I really have to thin out my projects. I still have to finish a roll of HP5 in the Minolta that's on frame 12. Good problem to have I guess. Too many toys.
I currently have film loaded in 5 different cameras. The closest to finishing a roll is 25/36 in one of them. I'll have a big developing bill when they're all done!

Got two more rolls from the lab. One expired E100G, a bit on the blue side. I don't think it was the camera, a trusty Nikon F90X. The other a Kodak ImagePro 100, probably expired too, a bit on the yellowish side. (same camera). Both pix are from a low resolution Ion 35mm scan, the cheap and nasty ones :-(.
2018-05-19-00-04-49.jpg
2018-05-19-00-20-18.jpg

Finished a roll of Kodak Color Plus 200 (expired) in my Smena 8M. Many of the shots were from my week on Cornwall last September. The results were fairly poor but they have a certain retro charm. I scanned these myself for the first time by the way. Vuescan takes some figuring out! Oh and I rescanned some shots I took with Fuji Acros recently and got better results than the lab, so the scanner/user aren't to blame here!
27561811517_019eba42f9_b.jpg

2018-05-29-0010-3.jpg
by Martin Connolly, on Flickr

27561805887_37e5a5f5c4_b.png

2018-05-29-0001-2-1.jpg

Finished a roll of Kodak Color Plus 200 (expired) in my Smena 8M. Many of the shots were from my week on Cornwall last September. The results were fairly poor but they have a certain retro charm. I scanned these myself for the first time by the way. Vuescan takes some figuring out! Oh and I rescanned some shots I took with Fuji Acros recently and got better results than the lab, so the scanner/user aren't to blame here!
27561811517_019eba42f9_b.jpg

2018-05-29-0010-3.jpg

27561805887_37e5a5f5c4_b.png

2018-05-29-0001-2-1.jpg
Scanner settings are (at least partly) responsible for the colour cast - I'll try to remember posting my settings for C200 next time I fire up VueScan ... What scanner are you using?

I quite like what I see, though. There are limits to what film can do, but it *does* transport mood and atmosphere.:2thumbs:

M.

The second photo is lovely! I love Cornwall very much too :). Film is so charming, it certainly has a lot to offer. Sadly I just don't feel the same about digital images.

I finally finished three rolls, sent them in for development and got them back today, will scan them this week. It will be interesting to see how things turned out as there were a few firsts for me, as in first time using filters with BW film (yellow), first time using my $40 Canon ML35 p&s, it is an interesting camera to use, loud enough to make heads turn :), we'll see how good the 1.9 lens is (or not), first time shooting with my Olympus MjuII, what a sweet little camera but you have to remember to turn off the flash every single time the camera is turned on :(, and first roll through my new-to-me Nikon F80, Superia 200, new film for me too. It is a joy shooting the Nikon F80, and now I have my eye on a Nikon F4, OH LORD! :).

I hear the F4 is a first to have matrix metering, which benefits slide film, so that's my excuse for eyeing a F4 LOL!

Last edited:
Scanner settings are (at least partly) responsible for the colour cast - I'll try to remember posting my settings for C200 next time I fire up VueScan ... What scanner are you using?

I quite like what I see, though. There are limits to what film can do, but it *does* transport mood and atmosphere.:2thumbs:

M.
I'm using a Canon Canoscan 8800F. This is another from the same roll:
2018-05-29-0013.jpg

I'm using a Canon Canoscan 8800F. This is another from the same roll:
View attachment 180299
Except for the grain that slightly impacts sharpness, the image looks wonderful as far as colour and overall contrast is concerned; could be either scan resolution or indeed the film, but my results look a bit different in that respect. Disclaimer: I'm using a dedicated film scanner - that ought to make a difference ...

M.

Back