Micro 4/3 Finally got a E-M5..Why did I wait so long!?!!?!

demiro

Serious Compacts For Life
Dec 15, 2011
I'm looking longingly at my icon and thinking I need to re-get an E-M5.
I reunited with the E-M5 a few weeks ago. Very good decision. Not the best camera available, or course, but for total value it is hard to beat (selling used for $350).

Having said that, I am peaking at the E-M10. I do miss wifi, and some of the others features would be nice. I don't care so much about weather sealing, so I'd just be giving up some IS.

Luckypenguin

Hall of Famer
Dec 24, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Nic
I kinda have the hots for the E-P5, but the difference in price (for the difference in functions that I won't use) has kinda ruled it out for me. The built-in viewfinder of the E-M5 keeps the camera looking better, but I do love a tilting viewfinder. But if I remember right, Nic, you don't care for those. The best part of all of this, is the sheer variety of bodies to choose from.
I think that the reason why I kept the E-M5 over the E-P5 was that the Pen was just a bit too pretty. The E-M5 was (still is) my camera for all conditions and all applications, whereas I mostly just babied the E-P5. However, the E-M5 did inherit the strap that I originally bought for the E-P5.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

marlof

Trying to focus
Dec 25, 2010
The Netherlands
Marlof
I still have two (one silver, one black) from the time I went to South Africa and wanted a wide angle and a tele body and still love shooting with them. I added an EM1 to use with the Pro zooms, but find the EM5 still nicer to handle with my preferred primes. I never was a fan of hand gripped camera bodies. Growing up with a manual focus film SLR does that to you.

Biro

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2011
Jersey Shore
Steve
I kinda have the hots for the E-P5, but the difference in price (for the difference in functions that I won't use) has kinda ruled it out for me. The built-in viewfinder of the E-M5 keeps the camera looking better, but I do love a tilting viewfinder. But if I remember right, Nic, you don't care for those. The best part of all of this, is the sheer variety of bodies to choose from.
Not nearly as sexy as the E-P5 but for $299 brand-new with full warranty it can't be beat...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/search?N=11137220&InitialSearch=yes&sts=pi

Otherwise, the E-PL7 or E-M10 are great choices now.

theoldsmithy

Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2013
Cheshire, England
Martin Connolly
Well I think Olympus have made my mind up for me. £75 cashback on an E-M10, and SRS Microsystems are selling body only for £379. So that ends up cheaper than a used E-M5 body. As soon as my X100 gets sold I know where I'm heading :) I'm then veering towards the 12-50 lens. Not the most compact I know, but it's a useful range and the macro feature looks very good indeed.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom