Fuji Finally ordered a XT1 - questions

Armanius

Bring Jack back!
Name
Jack
I finally ordered a XT1 + 18-55 (used) kit from BH. Woohoo!!! It arrives next week.

Other than the light leak issue, are there any other known issues that I should be examining the used camera for?

What is the serial number range for XT1's with the light leak issue?

I vaguely recall reading somewhere that there's a gizmo or workaround so that the user does not have to press down the middle button on the ISO dial before turning the ISO dial. Anyone with any info on that?

Thank you!!

Light Leak, self-destructing command dials and mushy selector keys are the 3 things to look at.

Make sure to get a camera with a recent production date.

Have fun!

I have a 41A060--- serial and have had none of those issues. Buttons on the back are the "better" ones that click well enough.

Also, welcome to the club! I love mine beyond words. Well, all except the damned video button.

i seem to be missing that button as if it were never there. it's kind of awkward to reach. do you compensate using two fingers on the ev dial?

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)

I do, yeah (2-finger EV comp). Maybe that's it.

My picture folders on my laptop has several little 4 second accidental clips of me cursing every month that I have to go find and delete.

Light Leak, self-destructing command dials and mushy selector keys are the 3 things to look at.

Make sure to get a camera with a recent production date.

Have fun!

Thanks Rico!

How do I find out the camera's production date? And is there a cutoff to what is a "recent" production date?

What were you having repaired Ray?

The first repair was the light leak thing, which didn't bother me but I figured I should get fixed so I could give it a clean bill of health whenever I eventually got around to selling it. When it came back from that, there was dust and muck on the sensor (under the glass - not cleanable) that hadn't been there before. When I sent it back for that, they just sent me a new body. So now I have a new body, which is nicer than the first one in terms of the rear buttons, exposure comp dial, etc. But it has a different serial number than the one on the box and warranty information, so I guess I may have to explain THAT someday, but I kept all of the paperwork, so it shouldn't be a problem...

I really find it just about a wash with the XE2 - I slightly prefer the larger EVF (but wouldn't miss it with the XE2) and I like having the flip up screen, but I prefer some of the custom options on the XE2 that the XT1 doesn't have because it's got all of those external controls that can't be included in custom sets. When I decided to drop back to one Fuji body and re-buy an RX1, I was seriously undecided which body to sell. But the XE2 is gone now and the XT1 is the keeper.

Enjoy yours!

-Ray

Got my used XT1 from BH today. The serial number falls in the range of the light leak production. I'll call Fuji to see what their policy is for 2nd hand cameras. If I recall correctly, most manufacturers' warranty are not transferable.

The d-pad buttons do suck. Even worse than the EM5's. They are too flush and shallow into the camera body. What were they thinking?

The AF is definitely snappier than the XE1 with the latest firmware.

Back