Find duplicates between JPG & RAW files in same folder?

Kevin

Code Monkey 🐒
Over the years I've amassed a large collection of images that I now store on a SAN on the home network. Some of the folders are JPG only images, some are both JPG & RAW images (same file name, same image, just different extensions), and some are RAW only images. For the second scenario, does anybody know of a Windows based utility to identify the possible duplicate JPG files where a RAW file with the same name in the same folder also exists?

Searching the forums I see some other members trying to clean up as a result of duplicates being formed when images were edited in some software but I didn't spot any conversations about if somebody was trying to clean up from, for example, saving RAW+JPG when shooting.

I use the Lightroom library module and the attribute filter. Then I view by day, week, or month and file type. You can then flag all the JPegs (or RAWs). Then go back and select all file types. On those days, weeks, etc where you have both RAWs and JPegs for every and have the grid set for an even number it's obvious if you have both.

Back