Fuji Firmware update wish list

les-star

Regular
Thought it would be a good idea to throw out our firmware update wish list since Fuji seems to listen and provide outstanding updates to their buyers. Making our cameras that much more enjoyable to use. Love you FUJI!!!

It's rumoured Fuji is working on customizing the highlight colours for focus peeking and also working on minimum shutter control for X bodies in the upcoming update so please don't list those.

My list consists of:

1. Faster AF especially in low light (Last update was amazing, only hope is for more updates to improve it even more!)

2. Ability to customize the "Q" menu contents:
- Remove or have ability to change Q menu items such as: NR, H-tone, S-tone, Colour, Sharp (Not sure about you guys but I never touch these and if I do I would set it once and never touch them again)
- New replacements: minimum shutter speed control, ND filter on/off (x100s), wide conversion on/off(x100s), double exposure, film simulation bkt setting, panorama

3. Ability to customize buttons (WB, AF (X-e1/ X-pro1)

4. Ability to lock shutter speed (MUST for off camera flash work. It's annoying with it continually resetting after viewing each image)

5. Ability to adjust fstop during video recording

6. Ability to utilize focus zoom assist in AF mode on X-e1/X-pro1 (Similar to x100s)

7. To have the same workflow when deleting images on x-e1/x-pro1 (immediately have popup to delete "frame,selected frame,all frames" similar to x100s when delete button is pressed)

8. To have the camera automatically detect use of wide conversion lens when mounted or not (Eliminate need to set in menu which gets annoying)

9. Access to utilize focus peaking in manual mode when shooting in multiple exposer

Thats all I can think of for now....... Whats on your wish list?

1 has already been addressed a least five times, the last time less than 3 weeks ago with a major firmware upgrade.

2 is a frequently asked for point, I suggested to Fuji to add a second custom Q menu.

3 is equally popular and will be addressed in future models.

4 has already been implemented in all newer models (X20, X100S, X-M1, ...)

5 is very unlikely to happen due to possible lens focus shift and how the AF system works in order to be fast (see point 1).

6 would be nice, but again, I suspect this is related to the current AF method that does not always use open aperture in autofocus modes.

7 is a sad story, as I vastly preferred the old method. The new one has the potential to delete the entire SD card by accident.

8 could be implemented by means of magic only.

^
lol

anyway, mine are:

1) i hope my x-e1 gets arturo iso like that of my x100s.

2) customizable Q menu would be great.

3) i hope the AWB button on the x100s does become another Fn button.

4) ND feature for my x-e1.

5) eye-fi feature for my x-e1 as well.

6) i'd prefer if AF-C would only focus whilst shutter button is half pressed for camera mode.

7) nice if you could AF on faces. it seems to know where faces are when reviewing a portrait (icon shows) and zooming zooms directly to the face.

8) more manual controls while recording video. my past nex-7 was great for that.

9) give me 24p rather than 30p on my x100s and add 60p to my x-e1!

(Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk)

Let's pause here so that we "the original faithful" :biggrin_old: X100 owners can get the same kind of firmware update that the X-E1 and X-Pro1 folks got :)

Back