Leica First day out with the 35mm Summilux on an X-T1

jloden

All-Pro
Name
Jay
Picked up my first Leica glass this week in the form of a 35mm Summilux ASPH :cool:

Naturally, I've been dying to get a chance to go out and shoot instead of being cooped up working. Wouldn't you know it, it rains all weekend! Made it out anyway for a bit today to have lunch and coffee with friends, so I brought along the Summilux mounted on an X-T1 with the Fuji adapter and grabbed a few shots.

These are all from JPGs since LightRoom doesn't support X-T1 RAW yet, but I can already say I absolutely love the way this lens renders, and I'm utterly hooked on Leica glass!

13525989063_0b08f08500_c.jpg

13526203194_b4e955efc9_c.jpg

13525895905_7fce9fe559_c.jpg

13525996963_2f521531c8_c.jpg

13526381733_dfdfbc421b_c.jpg

What you think of the X-T1 and adapting M-mount lenses to it?

Overall excellent... I actually ended up liking the way it feels better than shooting M lenses on the Sony A7 due to the slightly taller body on the Fuji which feels better balanced. If the Fuji was a full frame sensor I think it'd be just about perfect for me! (Purely for the purposes of mounting M glass at native focal length; I don't mind it with the Fujinon lenses).

With the Fuji adapter it mounts rock solid, transmits the focal length data into EXIF, and balances fairly well (still a little front heavy). Very comfortable to shoot, and the ergonomics are good. The EVF is big and bright and clear, and between that and a good focus peaking implementation I had very little problem getting focus right even without magnifying for critical focus.

Back