Leica First efforts with the Elmarit 28 f2.8

rflove

Veteran
The lens showed up yesterday evening. Today I stopped to see what kind of images it would capture... All were exported with LR5

HhJqarU.jpg

mJQX2zm.jpg

acm7uGB.jpg

hDO96AD.jpg

pbIyPvX.jpg

jA3uZWe.jpg

WnkowKx.jpg

2lZDXRA.jpg

I was planning to pick up this lens again at some point in the future, I traded it in with the 35 summicron for the 35 FLE. I love the extra contrast this lens seems to have, particularly for B&W. The only problem is that the 28 cron is coming down in the used market, probably due to the release of the lux.

I was planning to pick up this lens again at some point in the future, I traded it in with the 35 summicron for the 35 FLE. I love the extra contrast this lens seems to have, particularly for B&W. The only problem is that the 28 cron is coming down in the used market, probably due to the release of the lux.

I had the 28 Cron before but somehow, I never really connect with the Cron. In fact, I was not able to locate a single image that I took with the Cron that is presentable. I'm sure it is just me.

I had the 28 Cron before but somehow, I never really connect with the Cron. In fact, I was not able to locate a single image that I took with the Cron that is presentable. I'm sure it is just me.

Never having used the 28 cron myself I gotta ask, what caused you to get rid of it. I'm pretty much set on getting the elmarit b/c I know what I'm getting but if prices on the cron continue to fall...

Just never connected with the lens I guess. None of the pictures I took with the cron looks special or appealing. Might just be me also.

Vince, is that Cannon Mountain at the north end of Franconia Notch, New Hampshire? I was up there several times in the 1970s. I never rode the gondolas, I hiked up. I still have a lot of Kodachrome slides from that area.

Vince, is that Cannon Mountain at the north end of Franconia Notch, New Hampshire? I was up there several times in the 1970s. I never rode the gondolas, I hiked up. I still have a lot of Kodachrome slides from that area.

Peter, yes it is. I am hoping to go there during fall again. I also have lot of slides as well but they are from Fuji Velvia and taken from a Minolta CLE with the 28mm Rokkor. Alas, the CLE kit (3 lenses, flash and the leather bag) was stolen from my car back in the late 80s in the Mall of NH.

Back