First Hike with E-PL2

Djarum

All-Pro
Jul 10, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Jason
I posted this at mu-43.com. I know some are members there too, some aren't. But I'm always looking for as much input as possible. I think this camera might allow me to get inspired again.

So I've had the E-PL2 for a little over a week now. I've been using my e-P1 for almost a year, so I had some idea what to expect. These were mostly OOC except a little cropping on some. The last one is using the Dramatic tone. I think the last one is my favorite.

Again, CC is always welcome.

Lili

Hall of Famer
Oct 17, 2010
Dallas, TX
Lili
Djarum, very lovely images!I just got the E-PL2. With the 17mm attached it is IMHO the perfect carry-camera.
The hand-grip and thumb rest makes for a secure old and the larger sensor and superb jpeg engine make OOC images a treat.
I need to take the mk 2 lens with once seeing how well you've done here with it :)

BBW

Legend
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
The colors are lovely, dark and deep which if you didn't change your post processing shows a big difference with this camera - or is this that in camera filter you mentioned?

My favorite is your last - it's dramatic, interesting and makes the most of your artistic eye!

Djarum

All-Pro
Jul 10, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Jason
Djarum, very lovely images!I just got the E-PL2. With the 17mm attached it is IMHO the perfect carry-camera.
The hand-grip and thumb rest makes for a secure old and the larger sensor and superb jpeg engine make OOC images a treat.
I need to take the mk 2 lens with once seeing how well you've done here with it :)
As much as I liked the first mk I collapsable kit, this one is even better. Sharper wide open, focuses fast enough for me, and much smoother zoom operation. I have a silver 17mm which looks goofy on my red E-PL2, but it still does the trick.

Djarum

All-Pro
Jul 10, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Jason
The colors are lovely, dark and deep which if you didn't change your post processing shows a big difference with this camera - or is this that in camera filter you mentioned?

My favorite is your last - it's dramatic, interesting and makes the most of your artistic eye!

BB,

Thanks. The first image had just a pinch of increased contrast applied. It was a really good image to begin with, but I wanted a touch more pop. The second image is OOC except for cropping for square format. The third image is completly OOC but I did use a polarizer. The last image is OOC using the dramatic tone art filter(I think the one Ray has been using a good bit.)

The last image was just perfect at how the sun, clouds, and tower framed nicely.

Reactions: BBW

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom