First Hike with E-PL2

Djarum

All-Pro
Name
Jason
I posted this at mu-43.com. I know some are members there too, some aren't. But I'm always looking for as much input as possible. I think this camera might allow me to get inspired again.

So I've had the E-PL2 for a little over a week now. I've been using my e-P1 for almost a year, so I had some idea what to expect. These were mostly OOC except a little cropping on some. The last one is using the Dramatic tone. I think the last one is my favorite.

Again, CC is always welcome.

P9100126s.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P9100129s.JPG

P9100136s.JPG

P9100153s.JPG

Djarum, very lovely images!I just got the E-PL2. With the 17mm attached it is IMHO the perfect carry-camera.
The hand-grip and thumb rest makes for a secure old and the larger sensor and superb jpeg engine make OOC images a treat.
I need to take the mk 2 lens with once seeing how well you've done here with it :)

The colors are lovely, dark and deep which if you didn't change your post processing shows a big difference with this camera - or is this that in camera filter you mentioned?

My favorite is your last - it's dramatic, interesting and makes the most of your artistic eye!

Djarum, very lovely images!I just got the E-PL2. With the 17mm attached it is IMHO the perfect carry-camera.
The hand-grip and thumb rest makes for a secure old and the larger sensor and superb jpeg engine make OOC images a treat.
I need to take the mk 2 lens with once seeing how well you've done here with it :)

As much as I liked the first mk I collapsable kit, this one is even better. Sharper wide open, focuses fast enough for me, and much smoother zoom operation. I have a silver 17mm which looks goofy on my red E-PL2, but it still does the trick.

The colors are lovely, dark and deep which if you didn't change your post processing shows a big difference with this camera - or is this that in camera filter you mentioned?

My favorite is your last - it's dramatic, interesting and makes the most of your artistic eye!

BB,

Thanks. The first image had just a pinch of increased contrast applied. It was a really good image to begin with, but I wanted a touch more pop. The second image is OOC except for cropping for square format. The third image is completly OOC but I did use a polarizer. The last image is OOC using the dramatic tone art filter(I think the one Ray has been using a good bit.)

The last image was just perfect at how the sun, clouds, and tower framed nicely.

Back