Fuji First image of the X-T1. Thoughts?

ean10775

All-Pro
Name
Eric
According to Fuji Rumors and several other sites, this is the actual X-T1.

HOT: First real image of the X-T1 on Japanese newspapers! - Fuji Rumors

Obviously there is a lot we can't see and don't yet know, but based on the shape of the EVF 'hump' I can't say I care for the look of the camera. I would have much preferred something more angular/3-dimensional in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the Nikon DF which is probably the only full frame camera that I enjoy using, I prefer rangefinder design though so when the X-Pro1 successor gets announced I'll probably look to get that instead. Just preference.

Looks like a seriously impressive camera. The X-T1 looks like how the top controls of the Df should have looked: shutter speed selection, ISO selection,exposure compensation. The grip looks improved too (compared to x-pro and x-e). The position of the viewfinder probably makes it easier to hold the camera steady during manual focus.

The arrival of this model makes it even more difficult to go the Df-route. I was/am also seriously considering the Df. The thing that makes me mainly hesitate to go that route is that I do expect a huge leap forward when the organic sensor is introduced (2015 in the x-pro2 or x200?; given all signal I do believe Fuji bets on an APS-C size organic sensor instead of FF). The ergonomics of this model makes it even more difficult.

It looks like a big step, front dial, locking of exposure and iso dials, added something that looks like a the PC flash sync socket, concealed by a screw-in cap. No popup flash (don't use is normal). But I like the rangefinder look more. Curious about what will be the specs.

A little bit of image enhancement brings up a hitherto hidden detail or two.

The lens looks like the standard 35mm f1.4
The button at the back of the top-plate between the shutter speed and exposure comp dials is marked "Fn" and "WiFi"
The exp. comp. dial runs to plus and minus 3
The shutter speed dial has a B, T and A setting and runs from 1 sec up to 1/4000 sec
The red button is most likely a video button?
The on/off is a collet around the shutter release. The release itself is not threaded for a remote cable release
The switch under the shutter speed dial has a single visible marking - possibly a drive switch?
there is a button on the left of the pentaprism hump, and a dial and possibly another button on the right - dioptre correction?
There appears to be a rubber eyecup
The dial to the right appears to be an ISO dial; there is an A setting and L, H1 and H2 as well as values from 200 to 6400
There is a port on the front at the right; a flash socket, or possibly a mult-connector/remote port?
There is a small circular window on the left front - white balance?
There is a small button on the left front, where your second finger would fall - AE/AF lock?
There is something to the lower right of the lens - an AF/MFdial?

Actually now that I look at this image on a computer rather than iPhone I can see that I was mistaken in making my original comment about the EVF hump. I like the way the camera looks, though if the size comparison that puts it as being a little less wide than the X-E2 might make it a little too small to handle for those of us with larger hands. (for example, I found the E-M5 and to some extent the E-M1 a little cramped)

This looks great so far, I'm looking for a couple key features but this might well be what replaces my X-E1.

The design looks great, but I'm waiting to see what the battery grip looks like and how the AF and responsiveness improvements etc. turn out. I'm also happy to see weather sealing make it to the X-system, but given I'd have to buy all new weather sealed lenses that's less appealing than it might have been otherwise.

Very cool addition to the lineup!

"Focus Assist" is interesting - wonder how that works - , as is the size of that ocular - good eye-relief? I hope so.
Dual SD card slots?
That's a shed-load of contacts on the base...
The button on the right of the viewfinder hump is marked "View Mode"...
The base is marked "SD XC"
That rear screen looks articulated to me...
Separate AE-L and AF-L buttons - nice... ditto dedicated buttons for deletion and playback
Definite signs of weatherproofing
My other observations from the first picture are mostly confirmed, I think.

I am very interested...

I like the design. It adds some diversity to the Fuji line-up and I'm looking forward to the new features which we'll know about in a week (or sooner, thanks for the pictures above!). Surprisingly my X-E1 seemed faster yesterday, perhaps it knows a faster camera is coming?

Looks like it may have a few accessories such as a vertical grip. Hopefully a better flashgun will follow to compliment a very promising looking camera. A positive addition to the X system, I'm quite excited!

Back