Fuji First Impressions of X-T3 (coming from X-T1)

I'd say maybe astrophotographers have to consider X-T2(* but everyone else will be entirely satisfied with X-T3. At low ISOs you get small but perhaps unnoticeable improvement and at high ISOs you get a small but perhaps unnoticeable regression.

*) Or X-T1. It's interesting because tests also show the X-T1 being better than X-T2 at high ISOs.

I've ordered the XE3 + 23mm f2 bundle. My rationale...

1. I can't drop $1500 right now on just a body, and there are NO used XT3s yet out there.
2. The XE3's secret weapon is SMALLNESS, and that's something I would often use.
3. I've coveted that f2 travel version 23mm lens for awhile now. Had the 1.4 version, never got along with it (too soft wide open, and to big and heavy to enjoy as an everyday carry-around). It's never cheaper than when bundled with a camera...
4. I'll probably wind up wit an XT3 down the road, but I sent my XT1 to Jersey for repairs / replacement, so I'll have a bigger, more robust body again for bigger lenses / sports, AND
5. I WILL FINALLY HAVE 2 BODIES. This is such a big deal to me.

So for $1500ish, I'll have two bodies, one of them a tiny stealth weapon, AND I'll have that lens I want so badly.

I have the 23 f2. It may not be a tack wide open but it's pretty damn good plus it's small and is WR. I take it and the X-T1 on the bike. Hardly know their there. Should be a great match on the XE3. Good luck and I feel ya on having two bodies. I kept my XT1 and still shoot it. It still does some things better than my 3.

Had a play with the iphone app earlier and whilst connecting it came up with a message saying I could have new FW for the X-T3. Like a loon I clicked yes, and after 5 nail biting minutes it completed and had actually updated the firmware in the camera.
That must have been exciting. You need two devices and their software to work perfectly or you have the X-Brick3.

Interesting choice out there now. XH1 with IBIS or XT3 with a better processor for similar prices. I find the XH1 deal tempting.
If you needed the AF/processing speed then the X-T3 is the smart route. But if not, I don't see anything from the new sensor which would compel me to get the X-T3 over the X-T2/X-Pro2/X-H1. Especially at the X-H1's current pricing.

Now that I have a 100-400, today is the first day when I felt that that I really needed to have two cameras with me. So, I mounted the 100-400 on the X-T3 and stuck the 16/1.4 onto the X-T1. I also had the 56/1.2 with me just in case.

The two cameras are sufficiently different to make it quite jarring when switching between them but after a while I got used to it (the massive weight/size difference between the two setups helped with this).

The two cameras are sufficiently different to make it quite jarring when switching between them but after a while I got used to it (the massive weight/size difference between the two setups helped with this).
This is exactly why I didn't keep my X-Pro2 for a two camera set up with the X-T2.

I try not to build up muscle memory for any camera so I don't have this problem. :cautious:

Back